Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst
Why is now a really exciting time to join Synthesia?
Synthesia's vision is to build the first fully programmable video generation platform and help everyone transform non-video content into video. We are the world’s leader in synthetic AI, working with some of the world’s biggest corporate and media brands; BBC, EY, Facebook, McDonalds, Amazon and WPP, to name a few! We already partner with big celebrity names such as David Beckham and Lionel Messi, a campaign collaboration which also received a Cannes Lion Award in 2021. We have crazy user traction with our first self-service product for businesses in just 6 months since the unveiling! Despite the product still being in public beta, we have a very high NPS of 71 and growing! Today we are a +250-person company having recently closed our Series C investment round of $90m from names like Mark Cuban, First Mark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Seedcamp, Google Ventures and more! Currently ranked 4.8/5 on G2 🌟 and we are officially a Unicorn company!! 🦄🎉
Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that even our grandparents *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about!
Join the rocket ship while it's taking off! 🚀
With the company experiencing rapid growth, the finance department serves a fundamental role in assisting & facilitating the company to scale. Due to this, we are now looking for a highly motivated Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst who can help build on this solid foundation and ensure that the Finance function remains strong as we scale further.
As a Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst, you will take ownership for the full accounts receivable cycle. This role will ensure customers are set up correctly, invoiced timely and payments received in accordance with negotiated payment terms. The role involves working closely with the multiple teams to help deliver at a high level for internal and external customers.
- Invoice customers daily ensuring invoices agree to supporting documentation and indirect taxes are correctly reflected on the invoice where applicable.
- Facilitate payment applications, including ACH/wires, checks, and credit cards.
- Month end reconciliation of AR accounts and unbilled receivables.
- Supplement automated dunnings communications by proactively following up with customers for payment commitments or to solve any outstanding issues.
- Assist proposal teams with RFP’s and portal registrations as needed.
- Monitoring of the Accounts Receivable inbox to insure timely response, redirection, or escalation to all internal and external customer inquiries
- Generate ageing reports, collect data and provide metrics around collections.
- Manage / own customer portals to accept PO’s, invoice customers electronically and update Synthesia information as required.
- Assist with financial or tax audits as needed (invoices, cash support, contracts).
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A commercial mind with a can-do “roll your sleeves up” attitude
- 5+ years of relevant experience with full cycle accounts receivable
- Superior working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including understanding how to tailor messages towards different audiences and conveying the objective clearly
- An analytical problem solver exercising common sense and practical solutions orientation
- A team player who leads by example, holds self-accountable for performance, takes ownership, and champions new initiatives
- Ability to work 3 days per week in our NYC office
Bonus points if...
- Have experience with Stripe, NetSuite, SalesForce, SalesForce Billing and Avalara
- Have experience working with or in SaaS companies
- Have experience handling AR on a global level
- Basic knowledge of indirect taxes (sales tax, VAT)
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is passionate about finance, is eager to join a dynamic and innovative tech company and will play a vital role in developing a best-in-class finance function.
The good stuff...
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun and innovative environment, we offer:
💸 A competitive salary + stock options in our fast-growing Series C start-up
🏢 Hybrid working environment
💰 Discretionary based bonus
👩⚕️ 100% Medical, Dental & Vision
👵 401k Plan
🍼 Paid parental leave
🏝️ 25 days of annual leave + Public holidays + paid sick leave
🎉 Fun culture with regular socials and company retreats
💡 A generous referral scheme
💻 A brand new computer + monitor
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 💰
Location: New York City - Nomad District 🗽
✨ We will always take hustle + ambition over grades & have structured our interview process to reflect this ✨
If you want to be a part of building a legendary company,
COME JOIN US!