Competitive Intelligence Manager
Greetings, Competitive Intel hero 👋🏻
Note: the job post includes images and links, in case you can't see them: (https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/synthesia/jobs/4229554101?gh_jid=4229554101)
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2023 it's continuing to grow exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
In 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And now, in June 2023, we've raised an additional $90M from Accel and NVIDIA at a $1B Unicorn valuation.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're still extremely early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a passionate Localization Manager.
We have a product/market fit, good website fundamentals and we're ready to push the throttle down on localization. Come aboard! 🚀
About the job
In this position, you will join our Product Marketing team as our first Competitor Intelligence Manager. You will report to our Head of Product Marketing.
What's exciting about this job?
Generative AI is an emerging category, and it's getting "hot" in here ;) If you're excited about building, this is probably a once in a lifetime experience.
- Competitive analysis: Regularly research, monitor, and analyze competitor products, pricing, and market strategies to identify competitive threats and opportunities.
- Market trends monitoring: Stay updated with broader industry trends, emerging technologies, and market shifts that might influence the competitive landscape. You’ll also handle our analyst relations (e.g. Gartner, Forrester etc.)
- Competitor database: Create and maintain a database or platform that centrally captures all the intelligence gathered and how our offerings stack up against competitors.
- Sales enablement: Equip the sales team with insights and tools to counter competitor pitches and contribute to the creation of effective marketing campaigns.
- Generate quarterly reports: Create and share detailed competitor intelligence reports for internal stakeholders, including the sales, marketing, product, and executive teams.
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - before they had a well defined brand, when they were just starting to take off. That's how early we are. 🤩
- 4+ years of experience in a start-up/scale-up B2B SaaS company.
- Analytical Thinking: you can extract meaningful insights from large amounts of data.
- Excellent copywriter and communicator: you can present complex findings in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders at all levels.
- Detail oriented: you will ensure that the data and insights presented are accurate, current, and relevant.
- Tech-Savvy: you understand the technical intricacies of SaaS products to ensure accurate product comparisons.
- Self-starter: you're great at working with others, but you're also good at working on your own and taking the initiative to get things done.
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.