Director of People & Culture
We’re on a mission to democratize AI by building the definitive AI data development platform. The AI landscape has gone through incredible change between 2016, when Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab, to the generative AI breakthroughs of today. But one thing has remained constant: the data you use to build AI is the key to achieving differentiation, high performance, and production-ready systems. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to empower scientists, engineers, financial experts, product creators, journalists, and more to build custom AI with their data faster than ever before. Excited to help us redefine how AI is built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
The Director of People & Culture will play a pivotal role in driving business partnership and program support across many facets of HR at Snorkel. This role will be a lynchpin in driving our strategic HR vision forward, and will have responsibilities encompassing talent management, business partnering, total rewards, people operations, HRIS, immigration, benefits, workplace, culture and ultimately curating an exceptional employee experience.
The salary range for our preferred locations of Bay Area & New York is $190K-$250K.
In partnership with the VP of People, the Director will focus on:
- Strategic Business Partnership: Act as a trusted advisor on all People-related matters with leaders across the organization.
- People Operations & Lifecycle: Lead the evolution and optimization of HR systems and processes (from onboarding through offboarding). Ensure accurate and timely HR data management and reporting, and a positive employee lifecycle experience.
- Talent Management: Lead efforts in talent development and retention to ensure Snorkel AI nurtures and grows our top-tier talent.
- Total Rewards: Oversee compensation, benefits, and rewards programs, ensuring they are competitive, sustainable, and aligned with our company values.
- Employee Experience: Foster a culture of excellence and inclusion, ensuring every team member feels valued, heard, and empowered. Set the internal tone by embedding our values in how we work.
- Compliance & Best Practices: Ensure adherence to local, state, and federal labor regulations, while staying updated with HR best practices.
- Immigration Support: Develop a strategy for supporting our candidates and employees through immigration processes - partnering with our recruiters, legal experts and specialists to ensure a positive experience.
- Leadership: Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports, fostering a cohesive and high-performing People team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Master's or advanced HR certifications preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Proven expertise in HRIS, total rewards, talent management, and business partnering
- Proven ability to support and build trust with all levels within an organization - from executive level to new graduates
- Enthusiasm in getting their hands dirty - we need a leader that can flex from high level strategy to hands-on partnership and IC work within the team.
- Strong program management skill set and an ability to teach this skill to others
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with labor laws and regulations across the US - California and NY in particular.
- Experience in fast-paced, tech-driven environments, preferably startups.