Principal Software Engineer
We’re on a mission to democratize AI by building the definitive AI data development platform. The AI landscape has gone through incredible change between 2016, when Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab, to the generative AI breakthroughs of today. But one thing has remained constant: the data you use to build AI is the key to achieving differentiation, high performance, and production-ready systems. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to empower scientists, engineers, financial experts, product creators, journalists, and more to build custom AI with their data faster than ever before. Excited to help us redefine how AI is built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to shape our product and technical systems to meet the AI challenges of today and tomorrow. As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll work across teams and across the stack to deliver major new features and infrastructure, to improve our practices and culture, and to align Engineering on a shared technical vision. You will be a key technical advisor to company leadership, act as a mentor and role model for every engineer, and think years ahead about how Snorkel AI can deliver on its technical mission to democratize AI through data. There is no concise focus for your role—you must be excited to take on the biggest, most ambiguous, and most rewarding challenges that arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years experience in designing and building customer-facing software systems for cloud-native applications
- Experience at high-growth technology startups
- Experience building software products for large enterprise customers
- Experience with architecting and developing production web-scale systems (including monitoring, telemetry, performance, reliability, triage, and debuggability)
- Deep experience with Python, distributed computing, and cloud platforms
- Passion for promoting technical communication, mentorship, and improving engineering culture
- 16+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience designing software development platforms for machine learning or data-focused practitioners
- Deep experience with AI/ML frameworks
- Experience with Typescript and React
- Experience with engineering management and/or developing growth programs for engineering organizations (e.g. career ladders, mentorship, upskilling)
The salary range for our Tier 1 locations of San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles & New York is $220,000.00 - $280,000.00.