Senior Software Engineer — Full Stack
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
At Snorkel AI, we’re redefining how people and organizations build AI applications. Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab in 2016, creating a higher-level interface to machine learning through programmatically labeled and managed training data. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering scientists, doctors, and journalists — we’ve seen firsthand how this approach democratizes and accelerates AI. Now, we’re building Snorkel Flow to bring our technology to everyone!
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Snorkel, you’ll deliver robust features that power Snorkel Flow’s core ML development platform, including end-to-end capabilities to programmatically label training data, train models, deploy and monitor them, and analyze production data. Using a combination of strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused mindset, you will have full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining innovative new functionality across the stack.
- Design and develop key interfaces of Snorkel Flow Studio, our novel workspace for programmatic labeling, data analysis, and visualization tools
- Prototype, optimize, and maintain scalable services to power new ML development workflows in Snorkel Flow
- Build proactively with empathy for our customers, constantly iterating to balance innovative research with practical solutions
- Engage with product managers, designers and ML experts to create a phenomenal user experience
- Collaborate with engineers to bring consistency and high standards to codebases, infrastructure, and processes
- Work a hybrid schedule with one or two days per week in our Redwood City HQ and work remotely with "No Meeting" Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 8+ years of professional full-stack experience developing performant, intuitive, and scalable web application architectures
- Experience developing and shipping enterprise software products for machine learning and data science applications
- Experience prototyping and iterating on user interfaces with modern React (ES7, React hooks, TypeScript)
- Expertise designing REST or GraphQL APIs for internal services and developers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong technical communication skills
- Self-motivation, positive mental attitude, and eagerness to learn
The salary range for this position based in the San Francisco Bay Area is $163,000.00 - $210,000.00. All offers include equity compensation in the form employee stock options.
Be Your Best At Snorkel
Snorkel AI is on a mission to make machine learning practical for everyone, and it starts with building a team that welcomes, represents and gives opportunity to all. We work at the frontier of AI and software engineering, and believe that underrepresented communities need to play a part in shaping the future of these fields. At Snorkel AI, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth.
Snorkelers are supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for Snorkelers and their families, plus a yearly wellness stipend. Our 401k program lets Snorkelers plan for their future and our parental leave program lets new parents take up to 20 weeks of paid time off. Learn more about these benefits and more — like our workstation setup allowance — on our Careers page.
Snorkel AI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Snorkel AI embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Snorkel AI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.