Machine Learning Solutions Engineer
Washington, DC, USA · London, UK
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
At Snorkel AI, we’re redefining how people and organizations build AI applications. Snorkel started as a research project in the Stanford AI Lab in 2016, creating a higher-level interface to machine learning through programmatically labeled and managed training data. From deploying in some of the world’s largest and most sophisticated tech organizations, to empowering scientists, doctors, and journalists — we’ve seen firsthand how this approach democratizes and accelerates AI. Now, we’re building Snorkel Flow to bring our technology to everyone!
Excited to help us redefine how AI applications are built? Apply to be the newest Snorkeler!
Snorkel AI is enabling a paradigm shift in ML development by helping organizations take a programmatic approach to machine learning application development. In support of our growth, we are recruiting a high caliber founding team of ML solution engineers to join our fast growing GTM team. In this role, you will act as a trusted advisor to prospective and existing customers. You will also work directly with our co-founding team, sales team, product team and ML Engineering team to provide value-based evaluation scenarios including demonstrations, labs, and POVs, to aid in closing business. You will sit at the intersection of product, sales and engineering and will work with the broader team to continue building Snorkel Flow into the leading platform for data-first AI.
- Machine Learning Solution Engineers own the technical aspects of the sales cycle, designing and leading a tailored and business value-aligned technology evaluation process
- Serve as our first line expert educators on the Snorkel Flow Platform, building demos and presentations for customers and field experts
- Act as the primary customer-facing technical resource during customer / partner meetings and technology evaluations, working at all levels in the organization with Data Scientists, AI/ML practitioners, Architects, Technologists, Product owners, Transformation leaders, LOB & C-level executives
- Serve as a trusted advisor on AI to help customers with their end-to-end vision; AI strategy, operating model & architectural best practices, problem framing, data preparation, scripting, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption.
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve quota targets while also ensuring our customers are well positioned for a successful hand-off to our post-sales and customer success teams.
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team's needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions that help customers to accelerate critical business outcomes with AI.
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with our co-founders, product, engineering, sales, and marketing
- Systematize and playbook pre-sales activities, such as demo and POC assets.
- 2+ years of experience in customer facing technical roles (can include sales at a B2B software company or DS/ML consulting)
- Experience executing a value centric sales motion using MEDDPIC, Command of the Message or other value centric sales methodologies and qualification frameworks
- Expertise in modern machine learning frameworks and technologies (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, transformers)
- Knowledge of industry standard technologies in the Data Science and Machine Learning space
- Fluency with scripting in Python
- Hands-on experience building and implementing machine learning or AI models
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure that machine learning solutions deliver successfully on business outcomes
- Outstanding presentation skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to connect a customer's specific business problems to Snorkel’s differentiated platform and unique approach to ML development.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
Be Your Best At Snorkel
Snorkel AI is on a mission to make machine learning practical for everyone, and it starts with building a team that welcomes, represents and gives opportunity to all. We work at the frontier of AI and software engineering, and believe that underrepresented communities need to play a part in shaping the future of these fields. At Snorkel AI, we actively work to create an environment that values end-to-end ownership, diverse forms of impact, and opportunities for personal growth.
Snorkelers are supported by an amazing team and an amazing set of benefits. We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for Snorkelers and their families, plus a yearly wellness stipend. Our 401k program lets Snorkelers plan for their future and our parental leave program lets new parents take up to 20 weeks of paid time off. Learn more about these benefits and more — like our workstation setup allowance — on our Careers page.
Snorkel AI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Snorkel AI embraces diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Snorkel AI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, performance, merit, and business need.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.