Senior Accountant (TX - R2270)
Accounting & Finance
Dallas County, TX, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Are you an accounting expert eager to make a positive difference in both the company you work for and in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As an experienced Senior Accountant for the organization you will lead performance of monthly and quarterly closing procedures for a subset of the business, ensure adherence to the company’s accounting policies, enforce strong internal controls. The accounting areas include (but not limited to) cash, billings/revenue, payables and accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, payroll/benefit, intercompany allocations and transactions, and consolidation.
What you'll do:
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual closing procedures
- Implementation and enforcement of internal controls, including policies, procedures and workflow documentation
- Support business integration and consolidation activities
- Assist with audit and public company readiness
- Present financial results to members of accounting and finance leadership
- Support compliance with government/DoD reporting requirements (DCAA, FAR, CAS)
Projects you might work on:
- Drive accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Implementation of new accounting standards and internal control activities
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP Government contracting/compliance experience
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Total experience of 5+ years
- BS/BA degree in accounting
- CPA with public accounting experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with DCAA and DCMA Compliance
- Familiarity with FAR and CAS
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
*Interns/Military Fellows not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.