Fleet Maintenance Tech (R2356)
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician will conduct standardized organizational-level maintenance on our V-BAT UAS.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct organizational-level maintenance on V-BAT unmanned aircraft systems and associated Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
- Comply with written training and certification requirements for maintenance personnel.
- Support the development of maintenance task instructions for inclusion in future maintenance manuals.
- Develop relationships with adjacent organizations to ensure maintenance best practices are in place throughout the organization.
- Comply with the company’s Tool Control, FOD prevention, and HAZMAT programs.
- Experience with aviation maintenance and operations, including coordinating work across multiple departments.
- Significant experience and excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written ability.
- A demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding self and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- Experience in the field of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
*Interns/Military Fellows not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.