Autonomy Test Intern - Summer 2024 (R2336)
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Our 2024 Summer Internship program is a wonderful opportunity for rising 2025 graduates to immerse themselves in an innovative and mission driven culture. Our 10-week paid internship program will provide you with hands on mentorship, an opportunity to add real contribution to our company via your internship project, and a possible job offer at the end. You will have the chance to make lifelong friendships, expand your network, and learn all about what it's like to work in a high-growth, fast scaling tech unicorn. You'll take part in company sponsored events and enjoy exploring a new city. Read on below to learn more about this unique internship!
As an intern on the Autonomy Test team, you will be working across the engineering organization to design and facilitate the integration and testing of a broad spectrum of algorithms across a range of platforms. Act as gatekeeper and first line investigator into bugs for all new capabilities being integrated onto state-of-the-art AI products.
What you'll do:
- Test software for autonomous systems - define nominal operational performance and metrics, analyze algorithms and find operational limits, design mission and operational scenarios to test platform performance
- Work with functional teams to ensure interfaces are implemented and meeting specifications
- Contribute to the documentation of the systems
- Create integration tests within our testing frameworks
- Integrate autonomy software on hardware and simulated platforms. Use simulation and hardware-in-the-loop setups to determine system performance
- Identify data anomalies and design analyzers to automate the detection of these anomalies for regression identification
- Review data from robot flights, identify performance weaknesses, and work with developers to design algorithm changes to improve performance
- You are an undergraduate, graduate or PhD student expected to graduate in December 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Software experience with Python and/or C++
- Interest in systems integration or testing
- Background in robotics, data science, statistics, or machine learning
- Experience with ROS
- Knowledge of SQL/GraphQL
- Experience with Matlab
Intern Program Dates:
June 3 - Aug 9
June 24 - Aug 30
*You MUST be available to start on EITHER June 3 or June 24.
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
*Interns/Military Fellows not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.