Senior Backend Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Seek AI is hiring a Sr. Backend Engineer to help us build the next generation of data analysis software. We are a well-funded seed-stage startup backed by top-tier VCs and we are looking for a talented, experienced software engineer who can shape the development of our web platform. Our company is headquartered in NYC and we meet once per week to work in person. We also work remotely with folks outside of NYC.
· Work closely with the Product and Design teams to understand technical requirements and timelines for our projects
· Develop, test, and maintain features that greatly improve customer’s ability to explore and understand their data
· Triage errors and performance issues in production, and make changes to our code to prevent them in the first place
· Develop integrations with third-party applications
· Integrate ML services into our web application through internal and third-party APIs.
The ideal candidate for this role would possess the following:
· Proven experience (at least 4 years) building and maintaining production systems in Python
· Expertise with Django, FastAPI, and/or Flask
· Expertise across multiple popular web APIs (REST, GraphQL, and WebSocket)
· Experience configuring and deploying containerized services (Docker + Kubernetes) in the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
· Experience working with different data warehousing solutions (for example, Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, DataBricks) and databases (for example, Postgres, MySQL)
· Strong enthusiasm and autonomy
· Ambition to build best-in-class web platforms and services
· Curiosity about the latest advancements in Generative AI and Natural Language Processing
What You Can Expect:
Our advisors are some of the most successful entrepreneurs in NYC and the Silicon Valley and they meet with us regularly to provide mentorship and connections as we grow Seek. As an early team member of Seek, you will have the opportunity to shape and scale a business pushing the envelope of NLP and building world-changing technology.
Healthy Company Culture
We're a results-driven organization. We don't care where you work or how many hours you put in as long as you get things done.
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Take vacations, sick days and mental health days when you need them--it's that simple.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer