Engineering Manager, Frontend
At Runway, we believe everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to make professional video and content creation accessible to all. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, the web, and machine learning to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling 🚀
Over the last four years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors and partners including Amplify, Coatue, Compound, Felicis, Google, Lux, NVIDIA, and Salesforce. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring, and entrepreneurial people from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😁
About the role 🎉
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager, Frontend to lead and manage Frontend engineering team. Must have experience leading high-performing engineering teams and be deeply interested in the intersection of machine learning and systems design. This is a full time position.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Work with leadership and engineering teams to review and set priorities.
- Build team of skilled engineers from diverse backgrounds.
- Build new product features for Runway’s browser-based video creation and collaboration tools.
- Use state-of-the art browser technologies to build rich multimedia editing interfaces.
- Improve the performance, reliability, and code quality of our frontend codebase.
What you’ll need 💻
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related technical field, or equivalent.
- 4 years of experience in the job offered or closely related software engineering position,
- 2 years of experience working with TypeScript, React, and modern web UI development frameworks
- 2 years of experience prototyping solutions rapidly in a start-up environment
- 1 year of experience in a team lead or engineering manager role
- 1 year of experience working on an AI based tool
- 1 year of experience working on a video-based tool
- Expertise in building robust and accessible web interfaces
Runway strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on competitive market rates for our size, stage and industry, and salary is just one part of the overall compensation package we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $223,018 - $250,000
Working at Runway 🥳
We are a small and growing team of artists, engineers, researchers, and dreamers working together to reimagine creativity. And we’re building a unique team of talented people from diverse backgrounds. We believe that this will allow us to continue to up-level each other, our company, and our product. We’re looking for people that will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep exploring Runway: