Application Specialist, North America
Pathology is at the center of medicine, and is undergoing a profound transformation as the final frontier of digitization in healthcare. We started Proscia to accelerate pathology’s transition from microscope to images, and to use that data to change the way we think about cancer. We can’t change medicine alone. That’s why we’re looking for curious thinkers. Big dreamers. Developers, evangelists, pathologists, and scientists. Exceptional talent to help us use great power for good and advance humankind.
At Proscia, we push the limits of medicine and technology, solving problems the world has never solved before. We build software used by thousands of scientists and pathologists, who work on the front lines of fighting big enemies, like cancer, for patients around the globe. To accelerate our vision, Proscia has raised $72MM in funding from great investors like Highline Capital Management, Triangle Peak Partners, Alpha Intelligence Capital, Scale Venture Partners, Hitachi Ventures, Flybridge, and more.
About the role
In this role, you will play a critical part in the adoption of our solution portfolio. This position is crucial to ensure professional pre-sales application support and post-sale platform adoption by training our customers, supporting the commercial team to achieve our growth plan, and providing a top rate customer experience to our expanding clients. You contribute your knowledge and domain expertise to introduce our customers to the ideal applications solution while supporting the commercial team in the pre-sales and professionally training our customers at the post-sales stage. Based on your broad knowledge of pathology and ability to deliver excellent customer experience, you have a central role in expanding Proscia in North America/ Americas/ EMEA and ensure customer satisfaction at every step of our growth.
You will be part of the application specialists’ team with the main focus in the West coast in the North American region. As Application Specialist, your responsibilities are:
- Product demonstrations, evaluations and pilots: in conjunction with the account manager, conduct demonstrations, help develop detailed evaluation and pilot plans, expected outcomes, and set customer expectations
- Translates customer use cases into an application design exemplifying our unique value proposition
- Communicates technical aspects of products to prospects, customers and sales team in clear, simple terms aligning customer goals with products capabilities.
- Contributes to the business case development and authors application components of SOW
- Resolves application issues throughout the sales cycle
- Keeps up to date with new technology developments
- Training customers on Concentriq and AI modules from Proscia
- Be the customer advocate and provide consolidated feedback to product and marketing teams about features request and trends.
What are we seeking
To be successful as Application Specialist you will have the following:
- Master degree, Ph.D. (preferred but not required) in biomedical, medical or life science.
- At least 2+ years of experience in a similar role application specialist or application scientist or lab experience with customer support role in healthcare or life science industry (eg. facility manager or core facility support role).
- Experience with imaging, microscopy, histology, digital pathology.
- Experience with Image analysis and image processing.
- Strong business acumen – able to identify and articulate key value to customers
- Comfortable presenting solutions to a broad range of customer representatives ranging from pathologists, research scientist, IT, and data scientist.
- High level of professionalism in communicating with customers, partners and internally.
- Ability to run several projects in parallel and with a passion for working in a scale-up environment
- Fluent in English, willing to travel (40-50%), and enjoy interactions with various people with different backgrounds and personalities.
Beyond Just Work
As a company in the healthcare field, we want our people to be happy and healthy, in and out of the office. In addition to competitive pay, we ensure everyone on our team is supported with savings, schedule, and insurance options that promote long-term health and personal growth.
Our office environment is designed for creativity and agility: with walls as notepads and couches for collaboration. We’re located in the heart of Philadelphia, with views of the city atop the train station so you can spend your time focusing on what matters most. Yes, we have the free food, gourmet coffee, craft beer, massage chairs, and wellness rooms —but you’ll come for the challenge, the camaraderie, and the opportunity to do bold work.
At Proscia, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Proscia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.