Director of FP&A
This position is open to candidates based in Israel or New York City. If you have previously applied for our TLV Director of FP&A role, there is no need to reapply.
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and technical architects who are eager to build with our product.
Pinecone is a distributed team with clusters in New York, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding announced in March 2022 and $100 Series B funding announced in April 2023.
About the Role
Pinecone is seeking a Director to build out our FP&A function. You will lead the way in establishing processes for advanced analytics and financial planning, which will be absolutely vital as the company accommodates to its scale. You will partner with the leadership team to create the fiscal plans and provide financial counsel and support, including developing north star operational metrics for each department, financial projections to forecast where the business is headed, variance analyses, cash flow projections, and other analyses. You will report directly to the VP of Finance and Ops.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the leadership team to develop the annual budget, advise on resource allocation, own quarterly forecast revisions and variance analyses, and proactively communicate results.
- Design and implement dashboards that report and benchmark key operational metrics in recurring reporting packages.
- Leverage your knowledge of the business to report on key drivers of Pinecone’s financial results during the monthly close.
- Build a culture around data-driven decision making, including proactively identifying business trends, incorporating them into our projections, and instilling the value of accurate spend management with your cross-functional partners.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, ideally in the technology sector. This can include time spent in adjacent fields (data science, banking, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and analysis, including expertise with Excel, SQL, and BI tools.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to clearly articulate financial data to non-financial colleagues and stakeholders and work across departments and functions.
- Experience working with modern software and systems, particularly NetSuite.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy a fast-growth environment and taking on responsibility.
- Are a self-starter that shines when tasked with navigating ambiguous situations.
- Have a proven track record of driving cross-functional partnership.
- Are excited by the prospect of eventually growing and leading a team of your own.
- Care as much as we do about building a vibrant and healthy company.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. We know that not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification as listed.