Director of Commercial Sales
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology that's revolutionizing how developers build search systems. Our managed vector database provides customers with easy-to-use capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. The demand for vector databases is growing incredibly fast, and it shows in our user base. We have a large audience of ML engineers, software engineers, data scientists, and technical architects who are eager to learn and build with our product.
The Director of Commercial Sales will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. They will be responsible for building and leading a team of Commercial Account Executives. The role focuses on leadership, development, and the execution of Commercial Sales goals - which is to drive usage within the assigned account base. The right leader will have a high degree of technical knowledge, and know how to partner closely with the SE, CS, Product and Marketing teams.
- Experience working in a infrastructure / data software space.
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Sales Manager or Director
- Prior experience having managed a Commercial Account team tasked with closing net new logos
- A consistent track record of performance meeting or exceeding quota / top of peer group
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
- Experience working in companies with Product Led Growth GTM
- An understanding of MEDDPPICC
Pinecone is a distributed team with offices in New York and Tel Aviv. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding announced in March 2022.