Sr. Engineer: Distributed Systems
Pinecone is pioneering search and database technology to power AI/ML applications for the next decade and beyond. We provide customers with capabilities that until now have only been in the hands of a few tech giants. Our R&D team includes founders of multiple startups and world-class engineers including the core team that created Amazon SageMaker.
We value integrity, passion, pushing boundaries, real-world problem solving, and a sense of humor. We work in collaboration, and encourage new ideas and initiatives.
About the Role:
This position involves building a robust, large-scale, real-time, low-latency distributed systems for ML infra, with a focus on autoscaling, load-balancing, reliability, scalability, high availability, and consistency. As a senior software engineer, you will be working on these projects:
- Develop high availability architectures for the database
- Enable Pinecone to seamlessly run on existing cloud providers
- Own automated build, test and release infrastructure
You will work in a fast-paced and rewarding environment that demands the highest quality work with minimal supervision. Our current tech stack includes AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Go, Kafka, RocksDB and Rust.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience with Rust, Go or Python
- 4+ years of developing, monitoring and operating large scale distributed systems
- Expertise in container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes
- Expertise working with one of AWS/GCP/Azure cloud platforms
- BS in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes Operator Framework
- Experience with workflows / provisioning systems and control planes
Pinecone is a distributed team with clusters in New York, Tel Aviv, and San Francisco. You will be part of a world-class team from companies like Amazon, Google, Databricks, and Splunk. The company emerged from stealth in January 2021 with $10M in seed funding — led by the same legendary investor as Snowflake — followed by $28M Series A funding in announced in March 2022 and $100M Series B funding in April 2023.