Software Engineer (Frontend)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Perplexity is looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to join our small team revolutionizing the way people search and interact with the internet. You will be responsible for building UI for the future of how people ask questions and find information.
Our frontend stack is NextJS and TypeScript. The ideal candidate should have strong programming skills, an interest in search and large language models, and a passion for delivering blazing fast web experiences backed by the latest frontend technologies.
- You will develop new UIs for Perplexity's evolving technologies
- You will maintain and iterate on the existing UIs for Perplexity's current products
- You will develop the reusable component libraries that power Perplexity's front end
- You will drive decisions around what tools we use and how we can write good code together
- A proven track record of working with NextJS
- Understands how to optimize NextJS projects for maximum performance
- Familiarity with porting existing codebases to the latest framework features (e.g. RSC, streaming)
- Enjoys writing reusable code
- Comfortable working with a small, fast-moving team, must be willing to dive in and take ownership
- Obsession about shipping and attention to detail
- (Nice to Have): 4+ years industry experience
Our mission at Perplexity is to be the world's most knowledge-centric company. We're developing a conversational interface powered by advanced language models to deliver accurate and intuitive search results. Be part of this exciting journey to reshape the future of search and technology.
Perplexity recently secured $25.6M in Series A funding, led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA). Other participants include Databricks Ventures and notable individual investors such as former Color CEO Elad Gil, former GitHub CEO Nat Friedman, Google AI SVP Jeff Dean, and former YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki. Read more about the announcement here.