Research Engineer (AI)
Software Engineering, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Perplexity AI looking for an experienced Research Engineer to join our team and help us develop and deploy large-scale language models (LLMs) to power our product. You will be responsible for training and inference infrastructure that supports our in-house LLMs. If you have a passion for pushing the boundaries of AI and a drive to make an impact, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Design and implement large-scale data pipelines that feed billions of high-quality tokens into LLMs
- Scale and distribute LLM training infrastructure to maximize efficiency
- Optimize evaluation pipelines to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Enhance inference infrastructure to reduce serving cost and latency while maintaining 99.9% uptime
- Continuously improve LLM performance and accuracy
- Proven track record of working with large-scale LLM and Deep Learning systems
- Strong programming skills, with a preference for versatile individuals
- Enthusiasm and independence, with a willingness to take ownership of tasks
- A passion for solving challenging problems
Nice to have:
- PhD in Machine Learning or related areas
- Experience building distributed systems
Our mission at Perplexity is to be the world's most knowledge-centric company. We're developing a conversational interface powered by advanced language models to deliver accurate and intuitive search results. Be part of this exciting journey to reshape the future of search and technology.
Perplexity recently secured $25.6M in Series A funding, led by New Enterprise Associates (NEA). Other participants include Databricks Ventures and notable individual investors such as former Color CEO Elad Gil, former GitHub CEO Nat Friedman, Google AI SVP Jeff Dean, and former YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki. Read more about the announcement here.