Customer Success Manager
About the team
The Success team is responsible for the customer experience on both the OpenAI API platform as well as the ChatGPT Enterprise Product, ensuring developers and enterprises maximize benefit, value, and adoption from our highly-capable models. OpenAI's customers represent a range of diverse backgrounds and maturity, from early-stage startups to established global enterprises.
About the role
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to collaborate directly with our first ChatGPT Enterprise product customers. You are crucial to the success of these early adopters and will be instrumental in bringing this new product to market, ultimately responsible for understanding our customer’s needs, delivering an excellent experience, and scaling the offering long-term. You will collaborate closely with the Sales, Product, and Engineering teams, and will report to the Head of Success.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ. We offer relocation support to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and nurture strong customer relationships to understand their business goals and needs.
- Implement and run user training and enablement sessions with a “train the trainer” model to enable scale.
- Create and implement customer success plans that outline goals, potential challenges, KPIs, and timelines.
- Codify best practices, guides, and FAQs based on interactions with customers.
- Gather and relay customer feedback to internal stakeholders, and identify themes across customers to incorporate into product planning.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to ensure seamless handoff between pre- and post-sale.
- Anticipate at-risk renewals or user churn and collaborate with the relevant internal teams to devise corrective action plans.
- Foster customer advocacy and facilitate customer testimonials and case studies.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in a customer success (or similar) role, managing relationships with large, global, and complex organizations, preferably working with a technical enterprise product.
- Have a solid track record of delivering and scaling an exceptional customer experience.
- Possess exceptional presentation and communication skills, particularly when engaging with executives and leaders.
- Can proactively identify pain points in the product and with our customers.
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help others, and a desire to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to make both your team and our customers succeed.
- Operate with high horsepower, have strong problem-solving skills, are adept at frequent context switching, effectively manage working on multiple projects at once with expansive ownership, and ruthlessly prioritize.
- Are personally committed to fostering the safe and ethical evolution of AI.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
For US Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.