Senior/Lead Machine Learning Engineer (NLP)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
If you are a talented and driven person with experience in the domain of Natural Language Processing/ Spoken Language Understanding and want to join a high-impact team at the core of Observe.AI's mission, then this role is for you!
This is a highly challenging role that exposes one to state-of-the-art Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms in the domain of NLP and to the challenges of building a world-class ML platform in production. You will contribute to building industry-leading AI-powered products for Observe.AI leveraging the latest technologies in NLP and architecting/ implementing high throughput/ low latency/ scalable ML systems.
If you are excited about building and owning cutting-edge ML-powered product capabilities, and working on both algorithms as well as platforms, you’ll love the job!
What you will get to do:
- Design & develop state-of-the-art AI capabilities end-to-end from conception to production for Observe.AI’s product offerings, in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Work with cutting-edge tools and technologies in Machine Learning, Deep Learning & Natural Language Processing, including Large Language Models and related emerging technologies.
- Contribute to both ML modeling as well as building/ maintaining production systems that power AI capabilities on the product.
- Optimize ML models and processing pipelines for performance, cost-effectiveness, and scale
- Work with a world-class ML team in building exciting stuff, mentor juniors, and influence peers/ stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-team with engineers, product managers, customer-facing teams, and customers to understand pain points and business opportunities to build the right solution for the right problem.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest ML/ DL/ NLP literature and influence the technological evolution of the Observe.AI NLP platform.
- Contribute to the community through tech blogs and publishing papers in ML/ NLP conferences like EMNLP, ACL, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines from a top-tier institution with exposure to ML/ DL/ NLP.
- 5+ years of industry experience in building large-scale NLP systems.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of ML and NLP, and practical aspects of building ML systems in production; backed by extensive hands-on experience in building/ scaling customer-facing ML/ NLP applications.
- Good understanding of recent trends in NLP around transformers, language models, text classification, generative approaches for NLP, prompting techniques, question answering, information retrieval, etc.
- Excellent implementation skills in Python and Machine Learning Frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, HuggingFace, etc., and deploying/ maintaining machine learning models in production.
- Ability to provide thought leadership in one or more technical areas of interest to Observe.AI, and influence product development
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Spoken Language Understanding is a plus
- Published papers in top NLP conferences or workshops are a plus
- Relevant open-source contributions are a plus
About the ML Team
We are a strong 30+ member Machine Learning team with a focus on Speech and NLP. Our mission is to deliver the best of AI capabilities to revolutionize the world of Contact Centers through Observe.AI’s product offerings. We push the boundaries of Spoken Language Understanding to develop ML capabilities that power innovative product features for our customers, and our ML platform processes millions of contact center interactions per day. That said, we are a bunch of super fun folks to hang out with beyond work as well :-)
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.