Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
As a member of the data platform team, you will be responsible for architecting, developing, and operating the next generation of the Moveworks Data Platform. As Moveworks grows fast, the data platform team is tasked with designing and developing scalable, reliable, and secure data platforms, processing pipelines, and services, which powers Moveworks’ cutting edge NLP and Conversational AI technologies with the first class Enterprise data governance, security and privacy standards.
We’re building a team that indexes on moving fast, solving challenging product/engineering problems and providing value to our customers. To be successful, you'll be partnering with high caliber machine learning teams to identify their data needs and build elegant solutions. This is an opportunity to play an integral role at the fastest-growing AI startup in its space.
Who we are
Moveworks is the copilot platform for automating employee support, empowering our customer’s workforce to converse with all of their business systems through natural language. Powered by the world’s most advanced LLMs and our proprietary MoveLM models, our copilot enables users to search information, automate tasks, and create content with generative AI.
Brands such as Databricks, Broadcom, DocuSign, and Palo Alto Networks leverage Moveworks to automate L1 support, enhance the employee experience, and navigate critical business initiatives.
Founded in 2016, Moveworks has raised $315 million in funding, at a valuation of $2.1 billion. We’ve been named to the 2023 Forbes Cloud 100 list as well as the Forbes AI 50 list for five consecutive years, while also earning recognition as the winner of the 2023 Edison Awards for AI Optimized Productivity, and as the Best Bot Solution at the 2022 AI Breakthrough Awards.
Moveworks has over 500 employees in six offices around the world, and is backed by some of the world's most prominent investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, Bain Capital Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, Iconiq, and more.
Come join one of the most innovative teams on the planet!
What you will do:
- Design, build, and operate highly performant and scalable batch and stream data processing infrastructure and solutions to support day to day ML operations including training, serving, evaluation and experimental systems.
- Design and develop Moveworks’ foundational data models, data warehouse, real-time and offline processing pipelines using AWS EMR Spark, Apache Kafka, AWS Athena, Snowflake, Airflow, Apache HUDI, etc.
- Closely work with machine learning teams and data science teams to understand their data needs, influence data team’s roadmap, and lead as well as execute on various projects.
- Build data lake and implement data cataloging platform for easy data discovery and availability
- Architect and implement the data anonymization and data access control frameworks that support policy based masking and access to data for different use cases
- Build out platform and data services/APIs to make data available to various different stakeholders and for customer facing data products
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer
- Experience with Python or Golang or Java or C++
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases such as Postgres, AWS DataLake/S3 or DynamoDB or Snowflake
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
Base Compensation Range: 200,000-249,000
*Our total compensation package includes a market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, exceptional benefits, and, for applicable roles, commissions or bonus plans.
Ultimately, in determining pay, final offers may vary from the amount listed based on geography, the role’s scope and complexity, the candidate’s experience and expertise, and other factors.
Moveworks Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
*Moveworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.