Sales Transformation Manager (Individual Contributor) Remote
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Motive Sales Transformation team is a highly skilled and experienced cross-functional group dedicated to operationalizing our go-to-market strategy. Our focus includes implementing new product launches, enhancing go-to-market efficiency, optimizing and administering core SaaS platforms used by sales, and serving as internal consultants to drive best practices and streamlined workflows. We are committed to tackling new challenges, adept at multitasking, and operate with a mindset that never says, "that's not my job." Key challenges we address involve Org-wide segment adjustments, system modifications, onboarding new SaaS tools, and serving as the primary advocate and conduit between the overall business and system engineers and developers.
Motive's Sales Transformation Team is actively seeking a seasoned Sales Transformation Manager to lead the charge in implementing operational best practices and standardized processes. This dynamic role requires a unique blend of project management and consulting skills, as you navigate the intricate landscape of strategic planning and hands-on execution. Working in a fully remote environment that spans the globe, you will play a pivotal role in building positive internal relationships while being attuned to cultural nuances and global legal considerations.
You'll be expected to operate seamlessly under executive pressure and tight deadlines, adapting to evolving requirements with ease. Your results-oriented mindset, coupled with a wealth of sales operational experience (SOPS), will drive the business forward in scalable ways. Leveraging your systems acumen, you'll collaborate objectively with peers to guide the numerous moving parts involved, all while maintaining a high level of organization and transparency.
Effective communication is at the core of this role, both in building relationships internally and authoring clear, informative content for various stakeholders. If you thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment and can balance strategic thinking with tactical execution, we invite you to join our team and contribute to the transformative journey ahead.
What You'll Do:
- Conceptualize and execute projects to enhance go-to-market strategies.
- Implement operational best practices with consideration for stakeholders, cultural impact, and global legal requirements.
- Design processes for scalable improvement of Seller workflows across segments and systems.
- Ensure business-wide visibility into deployed tools, changes, and processes, monitoring impact and pivoting as needed.
- Identify and optimize areas based on experience, prioritizing critical processes.
- Motivate cross-functional teams for effective delivery of activities and programs, emphasizing Sales Tools & Capabilities adoption.
- Administer core SaaS sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoom, Gong, etc.).
- Eliminate waste by addressing inefficient processes, operational redundancies, and data duplication.
- Manage third-party software and service providers to ensure optimal fit, utilization, and ROI.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to align operations strategy with efficient system and process use.
- Oversee daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting requested by executive and leadership teams.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years experience and leadership influence (as an individual contributor) in Sales Ops, Product, Finance, or Strategy in the tech sector.
- High-growth SaaS success, infrastructure building, and scalable process automation.
- Ownership of sales tool operations (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoom, Gong, etc.).
- Deep expertise in operational architecture, reporting, system optimization.
- Proven change management in enterprise-level organizations.
- Effective project management, prioritization, and urgency handling.
- Passion for scalable operations and engineering practices.
- Advanced proficiency in formulas, queries, system filter reporting.
- Bias to action, analytical, detail-oriented, skeptical, and hands-on.
- Successful track record in strategic and operational activities.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Salesforce certification(s) a plus.
- Cross-functional project experience with stakeholder coordination.
- You never say that’s not my job.
- High EQ, sales IQ, and strong business acumen.
- Have stories of business & system Transformation you are eager to share
- Strong communication skills for complex concepts and adaptability.
- Enthusiastic about feedback, teaching, and learning.
- Global remote team experience and experience influencing various levels of colleagues across organization
- Confident communication in verbal and written forms.
- Pragmatic execution, thinking in first principles.
- Remote USA only role
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.