Director, Sales Operations and Strategy (Enterprise)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive seeks an experienced business leader for the role of Director Sales Operations – Enterprise. In this role you will be a business partner to the Vice President of Enterprise Sales and a senior member of the GTM Strategy and Operations leadership team. You are a results oriented executive and have demonstrated success in working cross-functionally with Enterprise GTM teams, and proven skills in relationship building with internal stakeholders, planning & executing for business scale and velocity, and maximizing outcomes for the company. You will leverage a high degree of business acumen to: objectively partner with and guide the leadership team on current performance and opportunities; assess future investments and process developments that can further enable rapid business growth and a frictionless business motion; be a key stakeholder in the deal review process; actively engage in the largest commercial opportunities to deliver customer value and success while maximizing business results for Motive; be a key driver for the Motive business model and the culture of excellence we seek to achieve both in Enterprise and globally.
This position requires you to balance strategy with tactical execution and you thrive in an extremely dynamic, rapidly evolving, fast-paced work environment, often working under tight deadlines with changing requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the Enterprise Operating Plan and Capacity Planning in partnership with Motive Finance, HR, and Central Operations organization to build scalable capabilities that support Enterprise growth plans and revenue targets.
- Oversee Enterprise Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Sales Forecasting activities in partnership with Enterprise Sales & Sales Operations Leadership.
- Drive creation of Business Review narratives to Sales Leadership, c-suite leadership team, and Board of Directors on weekly / monthly /Quarterly/Annual basis.
- Provide opportunity deal level and customer specific guidance, advice, and evaluations, to ensure value creation and realization for both external and internal stakeholders.
- Design and implement mechanisms to scalably hold Enterprise Sales Motive rules of engagement and Salesforce Hygiene requirements.
- Engage with the Sales Enablement team to support sales onboarding and ongoing sales enablement activities and programs, including adoption and utilization of Sales Tools & Capabilities.
- Partner with the Sales Compensation team to ensure tight alignment that supports all critical processes/procedures and provide any critical data and or insights needed to support the commissions process & policies.
- Hire and develop an exceptionally talented team; mentor, coach, and guide team members on day-to-day operational requirements and ensure proper delegation of authority to execute.
What We're Looking For:
- A minimum of 7+ years of business leadership experience in the technology sector In Sales Operations, Product, Finance, and/or Strategy roles
- Successful past experience in similar role at a high growth SaaS company (and have built infrastructure, automated processes that have scaled and adopted across the company)
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- You have a strong bias to action and are unafraid to get your hands dirty
- You dive deep, are highly analytical, operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdotes differ. You never say that’s not my job.
- You have a successful track record in both strategic and operational activities; driving change management, and in achieving support, engagement, and coordination with key stakeholders.
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form, even when your opinion is uncomfortable or unpopular.
- You think in terms of first principles, but you execute pragmatically.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the compensation range is:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.