Computer Vision Engineer
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the role:
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you will be a part of a passionate team whose mission is to bring intelligence to the world’s trucks. The team is focused on building technology to understand driving behavior, identify risk factors, and intelligently suggest coachable events that not only improves the fleet safety and potentially save millions of dollars but also contribute to making the roads safer. You will have a unique opportunity to work with a high caliber and fast-paced team which consists of experienced researchers and engineers in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Robotics with a track record of previous products and top-tier publications.
You will play a critical role in building and improving a technology that will be used by millions of trucks. In this role, you will design and implement complex computer vision systems. You will have the opportunity to build and/or improve algorithms for edge processing, implement cloud services, and integrate them to deliver end-to-end product features. You will also get exposure to large-scale ML infra and scaling that facilitates large amounts of data to train, test, and validate computer vision systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Improve the performance of our models and algorithms already in production
- Build and optimize CV/ML algorithms for real-time performance so they can run on our embedded platform i.e. the next-gen AI dashcam
- Write proficient Python and C++ code to build and improve CV algorithms, ML services, training, model compression and porting pipelines
- Convert state-of-the-art research prototypes into reliably working product features
- Collaborate with RnD team working in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Robotics, along with ML Platform, Embedded, Backend, and Frontend teams to deliver end-to-end product features
- Solve challenging object detection, segmentation, recognition, and geometric computer vision problems.
- Build automated deployment, validation, and active learning pipelines.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3+ years of algorithm development experience in the area of Computer Vision, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning.
- Candidates with Masters in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Fresh PhD candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Solid mathematical foundation in Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, and optimization approaches.
- Hands-on experience in training framework and tools (TensorFlow | Pytorch | Caffe)
- Strong experience in Python or C++
- Hands-on experience in building embedded algorithms and applications
- Experience in the following tools and technologies is a plus: AWS (SageMaker, Lambda, EC2, S3, RDS), CI/CD, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Prior experience with Eigen library and RTOS is a strong plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.