Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building products that will modernize the Compliance, Fleet, and Driver management solutions for our Enterprise customers to increase productivity, profitability and more importantly to keep the roads safe. As part of this role you will build scalable infrastructure, APIs/services and work with a team that is passionate and makes an impact on the trucking industry which is the driving force of the economy.
We are looking for accomplished engineers to not just deliver products to bolster Motive’s success in providing Enterprise solutions but to go beyond it using the latest technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to design, document, and deliver scalable solutions
- Ability to write secure, maintainable code that powers the platform that connects the world’s trucks
- Launch and support features that will be used by trucking industry at scale
- Build appropriate monitoring, logging, debugging for the health of the system
- Provide on-call support for services deployed in production
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization
What We’re Looking For:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems and data models
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience building for Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or private clouds
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.