Manager, Workplace Experience
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is a global organization whose workforce is distributed across different geographies. The most prominent of that presence is in Pakistan. Currently we have offices in all major cities of Pakistan; Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. This role would be leading the team managing our workspaces/offices, supervising admin tasks and liaising with vendors, contractors and landlords. This role would be reporting to the Sr. Director WP in the US and would be expected to work closely with all stakeholders inside the P&P department and outside it.
The workplace team comes under the people and places department (HR) and reports into the Chief Legal Office and Head of People.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure a safe, clean, and functional work environment that creates an optimal office experience for all employees
- Manage external vendor relationships for facility maintenance, security, space allocations and other services as needed
- Liaise with property managers regarding rent agreements and building policies
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development while prioritizing and maintaining an inclusive, dynamic, highly engaged team environment
- Set clear goals and objectives for team members, provide regular updates on progress, and maintain a high level of accountability to outcomes
Cross-Functional Stakeholder Collaboration
- Support the IT team in varying matters such as technology requirements, conference room modifications, new space allocations, or equipment audits
- Prompt the HRBP team on employee related concerns or incidents
- Collaborate with the Sourcing team on opportunities to define vendor scope and manage supplier performance
- Plan and organize company or team events that promote team building, diversity and inclusion, and a positive workplace culture
- Oversee the office workplace budget and apply forecasting insight to ensure we are consistently operating within our financial guidelines
Health & Safety:
- Prioritize and promote workplace Health and Safety and maintain an always up-to-date policy and procedure library
- Utilize data to make informed decisions and develop effective feedback mechanisms to assess workplace effectiveness and employee satisfaction
- Create reports for management on capacity utilization of the offices, overall cost reduction/saving initiatives and employee programs.
- Lead and manage projects of varying complexity from start to finish that impacts the employee experience
- Contribute to the implementation of new and existing workplace technology products and services.
- Plan for and execute Company level employee engagement initiatives, celebrations, team-building events, and social awareness drives
- Lead waste reduction efforts, sustainability projects, and energy conservation initiatives
- Ensure transparency in dealing with vendors, contractors and other businesses working with Motive. Adhere to compliance requirements for the team and self on expectations outlined in the employee handbook specifically on corruption and fraud related practices.
- Report outreach from external parties offering a profit cut or commission alignment.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years in facilities management or administration of workplace/offices
- At Least 4+ years of experience as a manager managing a team.
- Graduation with concentration in Marketing, Business Management, or Hospitality Management
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing large events
- Exceptional contractual and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable
- Ability to understand and hold team accountable
- Ability to hire, train, and develop team members
- Has an ethical and transparent conduct
- Self-starter who can take on an ambiguous project and be resourceful to get it done
- We are seeking candidates in Lahore for an onsite position
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.