Technical Support Engineer, Fleet Experience
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Technical Support Engineers (Fleet Experience) manage, track, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify root causes for customers in Technical Support. They also train, educate, assist, and provide guidance to other employees within Support and across the company, as needed. An important aspect is to identify and alert the necessary stakeholders on larger issues and trends, and understanding the magnitude and scope of the issues before escalating directly to Technical Lead/Engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Exceed customer expectations in terms of quality, timeliness, documentation, resolution, and customer experience.
- Resolve support issues related to Motive's products.
- Investigate the source of errors/bugs using the data and tools available to us. Report inconsistencies and bugs to the Technical Lead/Engineering through Jira.
- Assess the impact and prevalence of issues by analyzing the data to determine root cause..
- Utilize tools developed by the engineering team to modify erroneous user/driver data for resolving technical support issues.
- Providing constructive feedback to Tier 1 agents for training purposes and assisting with technical questions
- Build trusting relationships with customers by communicating openly and interactively over phone chat and emails.
What We're Looking For:
- 2 -3 years of experience in Customer Support, technical support, or software development, preferably customer-facing roles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with the software development process and tools for a SAAS based product.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.