Machine Learning Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Luma’s mission is to build multimodal AI to expand human imagination and capabilities.
We believe that multimodality is critical for intelligence. To go beyond language models and build more aware, capable and useful systems, the next step function change will come from vision. So, we are working on training and scaling up multimodal foundation models for systems that can see and understand, show and explain, and eventually interact with our world to effect change.
We are looking for people with strong ML engineering capabilities, such as designing, implementing, and improving large-scale distributed machine learning systems, writing bug-free machine learning code, and developing the underlying models. You’ll be part of Luma’s research team and work directly on mission critical models and infra.
- Strong programming skills in python and especially a deep understanding of pytorch, numpy, and basic libraries for working with images and structured data
- Ability to rapidly build and add features to CLI tools, dashboards for visualization, comparison, and metric tracking to accelerate research
- Experience with filtering and preparing training data
- Experience with large model training is a plus
- Experience working with large distributed systems like SLURM, Ray or other similar technologies
- Experience with deploying models (building docker images, kubernetes basics)
- Knowledge of graphics fundamentals, 3D formats, tools (e.g. Blender/UE4), and/or 3D-related python libraries
- Ability to not only use but also implement new models in codebases like diffusers, transformers
What we wouid love to see
- Value velocity and execution.
- Communicate clearly.
- Focus on building what will matter to users and the product.
- Be resourceful at finding creative ways to overcome challenges.
- Equity grant to reflect the incredible value you will bring to Luma, with annual refreshes.
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Latest and greatest gear.
- Stipends towards wellness, house cleaner, and phone/internet.
- Unlimited paid time off with 12 days minimum.
- Unlimited sick days.