Jasper is an AI copilot for enterprise marketing teams who want better outcomes, not just faster outputs. More advanced than writing assistants, AI copilots are personalized to each company and securely combine business context and memory with purpose-built skills to achieve both speed and performance.
As an AI Scientist at Jasper, you will train and deploy the generative AI models to our customers, meeting the specific domain needs for marketing content and improve the best in class knowledge retrieval, generations quality, and multimodal capabilities. Your LLM and model experimentation expertise will move the needle on how the next generation of marketers creates and deploys content at scale.
You will focus on building state of the art generative AI models and infrastructure for data gathering, training, deploying and evaluating in production. You will work side by side with product engineers and be a voice for what innovations are possible, advising the product roadmap by researching and building proofs-of-concept and taking them all the way to production. You will develop new and novel generative models. You will evaluate the latest generative technologies and incorporate them into our stack. You will build pipelines to train and scale up our models meeting the unique requirements of marketing and enterprise-focused needs. You will help the team produce high-quality code through rigorous unit tests, code reviews, and documentation.
The role is open to candidates located in the US and can be remote within the United States. In this role you will work closely with teams based on the West and East Coast.
We have offices in Austin, TX and Salt Lake City, UT with employees based across the US and Australia. We've built a strong foundation to support remote employee engagement with other teams. We have a mix of experience levels and backgrounds, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing, mentoring and career growth.
What you will do at Jasper:
- Train and deploy large generative models for marketing and enterprise use cases, bringing the value of AI co-pilots to real users.
- Source high quality data, train, develop, fine-tune, retrieve, feature engineer, iterate with your modeling skills to get the very best of AI into the hands of our customers.
- Integrate new R&D into our production AI engine in interoperable, scaling pieces.
- Lead the R&D roadmap for core initiatives, investing in moonshots, and deploying both incremental and step-wise gains.
- Test hypotheses about how to improve user experience with all the models that power our product.
What you will bring to Jasper:
- Experience with transformer and/or diffusion models, and a strong foundational background in neural networks.
- Experience getting AI/ML to value, including Generative AI and feature engineering. Experience with text, image, and other R&D communities is a plus.
- A willingness to be technique, method, and tool agnostic and systematically turn any knob that might improve customer outcomes
- Commitment to rigorous A/B testing and causal inference, as well as an interest in user experience and behavior, and trust and safety
- Strong knowledge of frameworks such as PyTorch, JAX, TensorFlow.
At Jasper, we believe in pay transparency and are committed to providing our employees and candidates with access to information about our compensation practices. The expected base salary range at offer for this role is $185,000- $300,000. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, competencies and certifications.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage beginning on first day for our employees and families (Jasper.ai covers 100% of the premium for employees).
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program with company matching,
- Monthly wellness reimbursement and flexible time-off to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Generous budget for home office set up
- Learning and development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Travel perk program
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. We are committed to celebrating and supporting our differences and that diversity is essential to innovation and makes us better able to serve our customers. We hire people of all levels and backgrounds who are excited to learn and develop their skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.