Director of Marketing
About the Role
As Director of Marketing for Inflection AI, you will lead our marketing strategy and execution. You will partner closely with the co-founders, product and design teams and play a critical role in driving user adoption and engagement. You will lead a nimble marketing team across brand, growth and product marketing and report to the Vice President of Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Develop strategies and execute our efforts across brand, growth and product marketing.
- Lead a marketing team and enable them to achieve success, while optimizing for moving quickly and iteration.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and experiments.
- Organize and implement brand marketing, PR, and paid advertising strategies and programs to drive awareness, adoption and long term engagement.
- Develop and implement the company's brand strategy and voice across all channels to ensure it is consistent and impactful.
- Partner with product team and founders to influence product and business strategy with a view of user needs and market opportunities.
- You will analyze and evaluate market trends and consumer behavior to identify opportunities for growth and optimization. You will align closely with product teams to understand user needs, create go-to-market strategies, and develop communication and collateral.
- Ensure our digital presence is optimized for search engines and our audience.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external partners and agencies.
- 8+ years leading and managing impactful general marketing, product marketing, brand and/or growth teams at a B2C technology company. You are an experienced leader with a track record of managing, developing and growing high-performing marketing teams.
- Experience in startup and/or hyper-growth environments. You thrive in close-knit teams, collaborative environments, and fast-moving startups. You are excited to roll up your sleeves when needed.
- Experience partnering closely with product teams to shape product roadmaps and develop go-to-market strategies. You are able to effectively analyze data and translate to insights that support product development and go to market strategies.
- You are highly creative with experience identifying target audiences and creating campaigns.
- You have demonstrated success planning and executing marketing strategies with measurable results. You are proficient in engaging with data analytics tools and dashboards to monitor and track key metrics.
- Experience identifying and effectively managing agencies and freelancers.
- Track record of building strong partnerships with leadership and cross functional teams.
- Experience creating and managing a marketing budget, allocating resources effectively.
- Familiarity and/or domain knowledge of AI
Employee Pay Disclosures
At Inflection AI, we aim to attract and retain the best employees and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contributions to the company. The pay range for this position in California, is estimated to fall in the base range of approximately $235,000 - $295,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range.
We are a small, friendly and multi-disciplinary AI studio creating a personal AI for everyone. Our first AI is called Pi, for personal intelligence, a supportive and empathetic conversational AI. Our studio is made up of the world's leading AI developers, creative designers, writers and innovators working together in a deeply multidisciplinary style to create a brand new class of digital experiences.
Where We Work
We work in a hybrid model. During the week we’re in the office on a flexible basis, often a few days per week. We are currently hiring in Palo Alto and London, although we do sometimes make exceptions.
We work on a 6 week cycle. Every 7th week, we convene together in person as a company to brainstorm, bond and build.
How We Work
We value excellence and ownership. Our organizational structure focuses on individual responsibilities rather than management hierarchies. Everyone is expected to lead by doing. We are big believers in the unreasonable effectiveness of highly talented Individual Contributors who are given all the resources, space and ownership to move fast and deliver outstanding results.
Teamwork and generosity are at our core. Our culture celebrates positive challenges, asking questions, learning and actively supporting one another. This mentality of shared respect and purposeful teamwork is key to our success. We equally value all technical and non-technical contributions.
Constructive disagreement is essential. We appreciate when team members challenge assumptions, put forward new ideas, or encourage us to move faster or slower. Openness, honesty and kindness make us great.
Feedback is our ground truth. We have a tight feedback loop between the user experience and our AI creation process. Quantitative and qualitative data drives our priorities. This goes for internal culture too. Everyone has ownership and visibility into key decisions and progress.
Writing creates accountability. Whether on internal communication tools or in team memos, we are strong communicators with a special focus on the written word.
We deeply value time to reset outside of work. We encourage one another to constantly take time to recharge and always focus on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Engineering at Inflection
We are a vertically integrated AI studio. This means that our entire technology stack – from large foundational model pre-training to the user interface – is built in-house, with each of the components co-optimized to deliver the best AI experiences. We have built one of the most advanced large language models in the world, based on multiple novel and proprietary innovations.
We believe in scale as the engine of progress in AI, and we are building one of the largest supercomputers in the world to develop and deploy the new generation of AIs.
We wear multiple hats and don’t distinguish between engineering and research. We continuously explore and exploit, creating new and perfecting existing techniques and solutions. User feedback is our North Star.
We offer generous benefits to ensure a positive, safe, inclusive and inspiring work environment for all Inflectioneers.
- Physical office space in Palo Alto and London, along with reimbursements for work from home expenses and co-working spaces
- Unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave and flexibility for all parents and caregivers
- Generous medical, dental and vision plans for US employees
- Compliance with country-specific benefits for non-US employees
- Visa sponsorship for new hires
- Avenues for personal growth such as coaching, conference attendance, or specific trainings
Diversity & Inclusion
We are building personal AIs that we hope will serve everyone. We are deeply committed to representing the full extent of the human experience inside our AI Studio. This means that everyone from any walk of life is welcome if you have the right skills. We populate diverse candidate pools for all open roles.