San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2023
Harvey will be a category-defining company for the application layer built on top of foundation models like GPT-4.
- Exceptional product market fit: multiple multi-million dollar deals with the largest professional service providers (e.g. PwC) and leading law firms (e.g. Allen & Overy).
- Massive demand: 15,000 law firms on our waitlist.
- World-class team: ex-DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta AI, Tesla Autopilot. Former founding members at $1B+ startups like Superhuman, Scale, and Glean.
- Work directly with OpenAI to build the future of generative AI and redefine professional services.
- Top of market cash and equity compensation.
We are building products that can automate the most complex knowledge work in the world, e.g. billion dollar litigation and corporate transactions.
- Dealing with the most sensitive data in the world: client data from the largest companies in the world.
- Working past the edge of published AI research: tackling problems far beyond the complexity of existing AI benchmarks.
- Unsolved product, architectural, and business problems: natural language interfaces, prohibitively expensive evaluation of models, massive marginal costs, versioning / training / segregating models per task / legal system / practice area / client and client’s clients.
We are looking for our first product designer who can own multiple concurrent projects, from ideation to launch. The right fit for this role is someone who will do whatever is necessary to enable us to build the most optimal product for our customers. As an early member of the team, you’ll set the design culture for balancing speed w/ process. Designers in this role won’t always have time for hi-fidelity mocks, user studies, or IA brainstorming. Our PMF is strong, and we simply need to execute while building a strong foundation for product expansion.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end design process for multiple concurrent projects, from ideation to launch
- Work closely with product & our in-house legal team to iterate on designs and align with customers
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and solutions to stakeholders.
- Tackle unsolved AI product and design problems — user experiences for million-step agents, guided workflows to automate professional services
- Bring best-in-class design patterns to customers who may be unfamiliar with modern patterns
- Build and curate a lean design system that enables our designers and engineers to move faster
- Work with engineers in some capacity to implement designs in projects
- Work closely with our founders, product, and legal research teams
- Learn how to actually make LLMs useful for complex knowledge work
- Disrupt multiple $T+ industries
- 2-7 years of experience in product design at venture-funded companies
- Demonstrated ability to ship world-class enterprise software products
- Ability to quickly execute in ambiguity to deliver on outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers and lawyers
- Big picture thinking while still delivering on the details
- Experience in a B2B / commercial environment
- Experience with or knowledge of AI and LLMs
- Early employee at a hyper-growth startup
- Frontend engineering/CSS experience — Ability to implement designs in projects in some capacity
- Experience at world-class enterprise design orgs (ex: Brex, Retool, Airtable, Ramp, Stripe, Palantir, Apple)