Software Engineer, Frontend (India)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Finding the right information, teammate, or insights to get things done at work doesn’t have to be that hard.
Glean is on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world. We're passionate about helping people answer workplace questions faster with less frustration and wasted time.
Founded in 2019, Glean is a Series C company backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst. Join a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, among others.
Glean is looking for creative engineers to launch beautiful, smooth user facing features from within a modern React and TypeScript codebase. In a rapidly growing startup, this entails developing ideas with product designers to best balance constraints with requirements, delivering best-in-class user interfaces that run in modern mobile and desktop browsers, as well as creating frontend infrastructure to support rapid experimentation and development.
What you will do and achieve:
- Build delightful user interfaces with React.js in collaboration with stellar product designers and backend engineers
- Oversee the entirety of your features from inception to launch and beyond
- Write robust code that’s easy to read, maintain and test
- Push the boundaries of platform constraints to integrate an instant Scio experience into every workflow
- Mentor more junior engineers or learn from battle tested ones
Who you are:
- B.Tech in computer science, or related degree
- Experience with a highly polished consumer grade React.js app, or 3+ with any web app
Key knowledge and skills:
- Thrive in a customer-focused, tight-knit and cross-functional environment
- A proactive and positive attitude to lead, learn, troubleshoot and take ownership of both small tasks and large features
- Passionate about using open web technologies (HTML5/CSS/JS) to build pixel perfect, zero-latency, 60FPS user interfaces that run on all devices
- Experienced in or desire to master one or more of: Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Web Extensions, Electron, Capacitor, React, Redux, Webpack
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.