Software Engineer, Backend (India)
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
- Own impactful infrastructure problems from inception and architecture to production launch
- Write well thought out design documents and robust, high-quality and well-tested code
- Work collaboratively with a strong team to identify the most impactful projects we should be prioritizing in our roadmap
- Mentor more junior engineers or learn from battle tested ones
Who you are
- BA/BS in computer science, or related degree
- Experience working on infrastructure for distributed systems or cloud-native applications
Key knowledge and skills
- Thrive in a customer-focused, tight-nit and cross-functional environment - being a team player and willing to take on whatever is most impactful for the company is a must
- A proactive and positive attitude to lead, learn, troubleshoot and take ownership of both small tasks and large features
- Strong coding skills (for example in Go/Python/Java/C++ etc) with an emphasis on designing for reliability and scale, and writing well-tested components
- Familiarity with cloud native development practices in GCP/AWS/Azure is a plus
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.