Quality Assurance Engineer
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
- Create, Execute and Maintain test plans thoroughly to qualify product releases and features
- Do initial RCA on bugs found using developer tools - network and console tabs, GCP server logs, SQL analysis etc
- Report bugs and errors using Jira with in depth details to help engineering team identify and fix the issue
- Help reproduce bugs raised externally
- Execute extended/edge cases around the main use case to help evolve the test plans
- Work with development team to keep Test plans upto date with new changes
- Proven 4+ years of experience as a Manual Tester testing responsive web pages
- Experience in testing on different OS platforms and browsers
- Experience in testing RBAC/permission models a plus
- Working experience with tools like Jira, Chrome Developer tools etc. to report and troubleshoot errors
- Working knowledge of basics of web based applications
- Strong organisational skills and thoroughness in executing test plans
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind to come up with hard to find edge cases
- Experience working in agile teams with multiple product releases per week
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in testing mobile applications a plus
- BE/BTech/BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.