Commercial Account Manager
About the role:
Do you enjoy driving customer satisfaction and working with customers to find creative ways to solve business challenges? Are you excited about nurturing relationships with users and learning about their business requirements? If so, the Forter Customer Success team might be a great fit.
As a Commercial Account Manager, you will be a pioneering addition for a developing team within a top-class Customer Success department in China. You are responsible for ensuring high levels of satisfaction, driving adoption, and expansion of the use of Forter's product with Forter's customers in China. You will work closely with our pre-sales team to identify up-sell opportunities and renewal risks, and be engaged with cross-functional teams to successfully manage and resolve all issues affecting your customers. Your ability to organize, follow up, and be proactive about customer issues will provide continuous improvements to your customer’s satisfaction levels. Your technical aptitude for preventing problems as well as solving them will turn your customers into Forter advocates and long-term customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the primary point of contact for driving customer success by building and maintaining strong relationships with existing accounts; acting as the primary business contract for all stages of the customer lifecycle including renewals and expansions
- Business Strategy: Lead QBRs and OBRs for customers, including monthly performance reviews regarding fraud trends and industry insights for a book of 35 - 40 customers
- Technical Aptitude & Product Knowledge: Support our customers and partners in their efforts to use Forter's products successfully through ongoing training and platform enablement
- Problem-Solving: Continuously manage customer concerns; leveraging your independent problem-solving skills for business escalations and Customer Support for technical solutions while creating paths to resolution
- Renewals: Independently own renewals forecasting every quarter highlighting and addressing any risks and potential churn, while providing creative solutions for preserving NDR
- Communication: Work closely with internal teams such as Customer Success, Customer Support, Pre-sales and Marketing to align strategies and ensure customer satisfaction
- Expansion Discovery: Identify opportunities for upselling additional products, services, or upgrades to increase account value and revenue; maintain accurate and up-to-date records of opportunities using Salesforce
- Customer Advocacy: Work with Marketing to explore PR opportunities, case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Customer Feedback: Act as a voice of the customer and provide feedback to internal teams for product improvements and enhancements.
- Executive Presence: Build multi-threaded relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders to improve partnerships across the organization
- Growth Mindset: Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and our product offerings to effectively communicate value propositions to customers
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of Sales and/or Customer Success experience
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts and prioritize tasks effectively
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving targets and driving revenue growth
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and extract insights
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Previous experience in account management, sales, or customer success is a plus
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Pension plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Half-day Fridays, every Friday
- Home office stiped
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.