Senior Events Manager
About the role:
Events are critical to Forter’s success. They create opportunities to strengthen relationships with our customers, connect those customers with like-minded prospects and drive pipeline. Forter has earned a reputation for ‘showing up’ at industry events with compelling experiences on and outside the tradeshow floor. The past two years we have run our own IMPACT conference, bringing digital commerce leaders from across industries to New York to exchange ideas.
We are growing our Events team! We are seeking an individual that prides themselves on their creativity and accountability. You will develop and manage Forter’s presence at key conferences, with a focus on creating engaging and unique experiences on and off the showfloor. We are looking for an individual that is data-driven and can establish key performance indicators to measure the impact of events against business goals. This role will also play a key part in the planning and execution of Forter’s 2024 IMPACT conference. You will report into the Sr. Director of Global Events. The position will be based in New York with a requirement to travel to various events in the United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop event strategies to amplify Forter’s brand and create engaging and meaningful experiences that drive demand and accelerate sales opportunities
- Project manage industry events and work with internal teams (Field, Creative, Content, Product Marketing, Customer, Ops) to deliver a holistic event plan to ensure delivery against program KPIs
- Build key relationships with sales by delivering (pre and post event) enablement materials and training to ensure we maximize investments
- Develop and maintain event budgets, track expenses and manage complete financial reconciliation post-event
- Manage end-to-end event coordination and production, including: event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, participant registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production, and post-event reporting
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in events management
- Creative mindset, good humor and positive, can-do attitude. We prefer new ideas to a proven playbook
- You must be organized and possess exceptional communication skills
- Experience coordinating and managing internal staff and external vendors
- Nothing phases you; when something doesn’t go according to plan, you use it as an opportunity to learn, experiment or entertain
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills with a customer service-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and improving the ROI of event marketing investments
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally and collaboratively within a team and organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills
- A keen attention-to-detail - you care about the little details in everything that you do!
- You are abreast of industry trends and competitor events to incorporate innovative ideas into Forter's event strategy.
- Comfort with using tools including Asana, iCapture, Salesforce, and Hubspot
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $104,000.00 - $141,862.00 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.