About the role:
Forter is looking for a Core Researcher to join Forter’s Core Analytics group, cultivate new paths for fighting fraud, and take part in building our cutting-edge decision system.
You are- Goal oriented, fast, and innovative thinker, aiming to solve complex challenges with lots of creativity. You have strong attention to detail, knowing when to dive deeper and when the juice ain’t worth squeezing. You feel comfortable with technology - and have the basic coding skills to conduct data research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Become an expert in analyzing data on online fraudster behavior.
- Define diverse, challenging & fascinating problems - wholly & clearly.
- Review, debate, and research case studies in order to get into the fraudsters' mindset and anticipate their next move. Then learn our system to catch similar future attacks automatically.
- Invent, design and implement features into our automated machine learning models, using advanced tools including Spark, Elasticsearch, Python, SQL, etc.
- Collaborate with a team of the industry’s leading researchers, data scientists and software engineers to develop the next generation of Forter’s AI technology.
What you’ll need:
- A fast mind, with strong attention to generalization of the details.
- At least 2 years of experience in product oriented data analytics/feature engineering/data science/research doing problem definition / hypothesis lead research.
- Relevant academic background - BSc in STEM fields, such as Physics, Chemistry, OppResearch, Neuroscience, Biotechnology, etc.
- Know how to work with data.
- Experience with Python/R/Matlab or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Clearly conveys complex problems/designs/ideas.
- An algorithmic thinker, with strong statistical and probabilistic intuition with a grasp for complex problems/solutions. Has an understanding of features and how they interact.
- Ability to work independently given abstract tasks - but also act as team player open to different perspectives (then politely argue to prove that you're right :)) at the end we always strive for the best solution, regardless of who suggested it.
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
#3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.