Senior Linux System Admin / DevOps / SRE
DraftWise is industry-disrupting software for law firms. Our core product is an IDE for lawyers, built on a foundation of data management and analytics. The legal world is ripe for technology, and we intend to bring step-change improvements to legal workflows.
Our founding team composes of ex-Google, ex-Palantir engineers and seasoned lawyers from top law firms. Our small team of 25 today is focused primarily on engineering, product and design. We're all currently mostly remote but have a small office in New York City, but we plan to open offices in Europe as we are eagerly but consciously adding new members to our team from all over the world. We value quality over quantity, support each other through each major milestone and are respectful toward each other with a healthy dose of open discussion.
We're backed by Y-Combinator, well known VC funds, and influential people in the legal space, technology and business.
Our company is growing extremely fast. We already have some of the biggest law firms in US, UK, EU on multi-year contracts. We have more demand than we can handle, and we are looking for talented engineers who care about producing great products they can be proud of, self-growth and our company mission and values.
- Conduct comprehensive on-premise installations and configurations tailored to client needs.
- Collaborate closely with client IT departments to ensure smooth system integrations and operations.
- Experience in being on-call (Pagerduty etc)
- Flexibility to occasionally do upgrades after hours in the evenings or over the weekends if the clients require it.
- Create and manage alerting systems for proactive issue resolution and system monitoring.
- Provide continuous oversight for client software stacks, emphasizing performance and security.
- Develop and maintain scripts in Bash and Python for system automation and efficiency.
- Manage Linux environments (CentOS, RedHat), Docker containers, ElasticSearch (OpenSearch), PostgreSQL and AWS cloud services.
- Implement and oversee Infrastructure as Code using tools like Cloudformation and Terraform for streamlined cloud management.
- Utilize configuration management to maintain consistent system states.
- Facilitate CI/CD pipelines and processes using GitLab CI or similar for agile development practices.
- Administer a suite of monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus...) for comprehensive system insights.
What we value
- Strong communication skills in an open environment.
- Skills to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Interest in working in a dynamic environment with dynamic objectives.
- Individual autonomy and ownership, building quality products.
- Being open to giving and receiving feedback.
We're looking for engineers who have:
- A passion for shipping high-quality product that delights users
- Experience in Linux OS, particularly with CentOS and RedHat.
- Practical experience with Docker, ElasticSearch and PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with monitoring solutions and Infrastructure as Code practices.
- Proficiency in scripting with Bash or Python to automate repetitive tasks.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for dealing with customer IT on projects,
- A track record of successful customer-facing engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Interest in helping us build a strong engineering organization
- Interest in ownership and autonomy.
- Experience in building, deploying, maintaining deployment infrastructure
- ability to work in US time zone
- Flexibility to work outside 9 to 5 if needed.
It's also great if you have:
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Worked with elements in our tech stack:
- Data: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Tensoflow/Keras/LLMs
- DevOps: AWS Fargate, CDK, CloudWatch, On-Premise
- Product: Java 17, JOOQ, DropWizard, Dagger
- Experience working with data-intensive applications, such as NLP, search and indexing, and data processing
What we offer
- All-remote work style, work anywhere, however customers will be in the US time zone.
- Equity plan
- Competitive salary
- Private medical care
- New laptop and a work-from-home stipend for necessary accessories
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Opportunity to lead our company as we disrupt the legal world