Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
Summer Internship with Dialpad Legal Team
Location: San Ramon, CA
Duration: June 3rd to August 5th, 2024 (60-90 days preferred)
About the team
Dialpad’s Legal team plays an essential role in managing risk and protecting the company while advancing business goals. This team collaborates across the organization, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Customer Success, and HR, to improve the company’s overall effectiveness and to manage the myriad legal matters that these teams face. We are an intentionally small, highly competent group of legal professionals focused on velocity, scalability, and rigor to support Dialpad’s continued growth from startup to market leader.
Dialpad’s Legal department is a diverse, international team of lawyers that provide the pragmatic guidance needed to meet Dialpad’s legal, contractual, regulatory, and trust obligations. From commercial negotiations to warrant response, Team Legal plays a key role in helping Dialpad live our core value of “do the right thing”.
You’re a law student with an interest in the tech and telecom industry and a willingness to work across legal practice areas. You’re ready to get out of the textbook and try applying business judgment to real-world issues. You write clearly and present your ideas effectively. You’re ready to be treated like a colleague and paid for your contributions.
- Current law student
- Hybrid (two days in the office preferred)
- Local to San Ramon area (or will be for the summer)
- 60-90 days preferred (10 business weeks)
What you'll do
- Become familiar with the tools of modern legal ops such as project management tools, contracts repositories, and data lifecycle management software
- Understand the characteristics of commercial agreements and begin to negotiate vendor agreements under the supervision of a member of the Legal team
- Learn and demonstrate understanding of the regulatory and risk environment through research and issue-spotting under the supervision of a member of the Legal team
- Accompany Legal Team mentors to substantive meetings across the organization
By the end of your internship you will have:
- Successfully negotiated vendor and customer contracts from sale to signing
- Prepared substantive advice for engineers on the product development team
- Assisted in corporate governance matters prerequisite to an IPO
- Demonstrated the ability to work efficiently in a remote-first, tech-enabled legal practice
- Presented your work to a company-wide group of business leaders and mentors
Value to you
- Paid position
- Exposure to three distinct areas of law (Product/Privacy, Corporate, Commercial) at an in-house, tech-forward company
- Opportunity to build understanding of SaaS ecosystem, business model, and tech stack (i.e. do actual work for a real Ai company)
- Association with a dynamic tech brand of growing value
Value to Dialpad
- Give back to the community by sharing our legal knowledge and mentorship
- Increase brand awareness among valuable potential hires; build a pipeline of candidates to improve hiring efficiency/reduce costs
- Assistance with legal ops, regulatory research, commercial contract review, and internal enablement/external communications.
Join us for a summer of learning, growth, and making a tangible impact in the tech and AI industry!
For exceptional talent based in California the target base salary range for this position is posted below. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target range for new hire salaries for the position. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.