Staff Software Engineer, Backend, Product Infrastructure
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
The Product Infrastructure team focuses on performance, monitoring, security, infrastructure cost optimizations, and scalability of Dialpad’s Talk, Contact Center, and Sell products. Through design and implementing tools and processes across our cloud infrastructure and Dialpad product backend, this backend product engineering team is key to creating a stable, secure and performant experience for a large volume of concurrent users. Whether reducing time to ring, or bolstering our most utilized APIs, the Product Infrastructure team works with other engineering peers on application uptime to ensure that calling and messaging works smoothly for our users all the time.
Every engineer on our global Engineering team is given the opportunity to take ownership of a large portion of the product where they’re able to see immediate results. Combining natural language processing and artificial intelligence with world-class cloud computing, the things you’ll create at Dialpad will shape the future of work—enabling companies to work from anywhere and making business communication more human.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll own the Product Infrastructure roadmap to build / support / maintain common infrastructure supporting the whole Product Eng Org (100+ Engineers). Your impactful work helps improve: Dialpad’s customer experience, reduce infrastructure costs, Security, Scalability.
This position reports to our Product Infrastructure Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to be based in our LATAM offices.
What you’ll do
- Defines 1-3 year roadmap/vision touching Product Infrastructure team charter.
- Writes clear and complete architectural design documents which are easily understood by other team members.
- Providing estimates on technical resources and requirements necessary to plan and begin projects
- Takes responsibility for the execution of the Product Infrastructure team projects. Assists and drives where necessary to ensure the team meets its delivery milestones.
- Develops well-tested features with appropriate test hooks resulting in low defect reports and faster engineering throughput.
- Is widely recognized as the technical expert for a product area. Devises elegant solutions to difficult engineering problems.
- Reviews technical designs to ensure features / products are well-integrated and fully meet business needs.
- You’ll work not just on backend API performance tuning, but features within the product engineering codebase to promote reuse of common components and influence common implementations. For example: implement Multi Factor Authentication, replace deprecated libraries, develop tools / dashboards to save infrastructure costs.
- Give larger scale internal demos on new features that you have completed and explain how they fit into the bigger picture.
- Continue contributing to fun projects meant to delight users!
Skills you’ll bring
As an experienced backend software engineer, you drive software delivery & operational excellence by turning well-defined business objectives into software systems. Significant impact on Organization-wide output.
- 10+ years of strong experience in backend software engineering.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent in experience
- Strong experience working with Cloud Technologies [Google Cloud Platform is a plus] and distributed technologies.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent them.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with highly agile and iterative development processes.
- Experience with mentoring engineers and helping them grow their skills
- Our Tech Stack: Python backend on Google Cloud Platform (AppEngine, Datastore , BigQuery, Dataflow, Memcache, Cloud Tasks, Pub / Sub), Redis, Elastic Search, Monitoring (Datadog, Grafana), Vue.js/Vuex frontend running natively in Electron, numerous integrations with third party services
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive rates in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.