Quality Engineer II
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Dialpad’s QA (Quality Assurance) team is responsible for ensuring the quality of software products and applications. This team works closely with developers, designers, and stakeholders to help identify and fix any issues or defects in the software. The QA team's primary objective is to deliver a high-quality, reliable, and user-friendly product to end-users.
As a QA Engineer - II, your role primarily involves ensuring the quality, functionality, and usability of the Dialpad Application . Your responsibilities will include test planning and design , functional testing , automated testing , bug reporting and tracking , collaboration and communication with the global teams both internal and cross functional.
This position reports to our QA Manager (in the US) and will be based in our Bangalore, India Office. The position will require a hybrid working arrangement based out of our Bangalore office.
What you’ll do [i.e., Responsibilities]
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand application requirements of new features, and user expectations.
- Identifying test scenarios, test cases, and test data to ensure maximum test coverage.
- Defining the scope of manual and automated testing based on the application's complexity and criticality.
- Executing Functional test cases and automated test cases for the Dialpad Web Application with the browser and the Desktop Native Application
- Maintaining test cases and scripts with in the Test Management System
- Analyzing test results and investigating test failures to identify root causes and provide detailed reports.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including developers, designers, and product managers, to align on testing objectives and requirements.
Skills you’ll bring [i.e., Qualifications]
- 4 to 6 years of qualitative Work Experience in Web Testing with BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science or any other related field
- Strong technical competency and experience with desktop applications and understanding of the functional testing aspects
- Solid understanding of Desktop app development, Application Software Desktop user interface guidelines/standards,
- An absolute must is the ability to convey and document test cases and execute them
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects/initiatives
- Experience in working with Analytical or Statistical Data is a plus
- Experience in VoIP, Telecommunication Systems, and Communication technologies would be an added advantage
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Benefits, time-off, and wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer flexible time off and great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. Along with that, employees also receive a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone bill, home internet bill, home office equipment, gym membership costs, a variety of wellness events, and more!
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.