Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Dialpad’s Ai Engineering team works centrally alongside Data Science, Telephony, and Product Engineering teams to produce The Good Ai. In this role, you’ll leverage and acquire a broad skill set ranging from Distributed Systems Engineering, DevOps, MLOps and Data Engineering to deliver functionality essential to powering Dialpad’s Ai products.
As a Senior Software Engineer–Ai Core, you’ll take key ownership of the development and uptime of Dialpad’s proprietary near real-time ML inference system, a large-scale distributed system built by leveraging technologies like Kubernetes, redis, event-driven message bus systems, modern asynchronous python, and a plethora of Open Source technologies. You’ll contribute directly to powering Dialpad’s Ai products at scale, working closely alongside the Data Science teams to unleash Ai features that work for our customers.
This position reports to our VP, Ai Engineering and has the opportunity to be based in our Vancouver, or Toronto, Canada Offices, or Fully Remote within the time zones of GMT-8 to GMT-4.
What you’ll do
- Work primarily with fully asynchronous modern Python, Java, C++, and Cython
- Support the deployment of our AI Models and develop innovative solutions to that process.
- Author and review PRs for code changes, and RFCs for more major system changes
- Deploy code daily on Google Cloud Platform using modern best practices like Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD Systems
- Use and make contributions to Open Source technologies, maintaining our own Open Source codebases
- Work with the team to continuously learn by constantly evaluating and applying state-of-the-art systems and techniques to ensure we build systems which are fault tolerant and highly scalable
- Build and manage high-performance real-time data pipelines, taking significant ownership of key components of the stack
- Share and explore knowledge and findings with teammates frecuently through hosting or attending learning sessions with cross-functional teams
Skills you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering and computer science
- Experience working on a distributed teams
- Strong background working with one or more dynamically typed programming language(s)
- Enjoyment of efficient evaluation of a problem space and finding the right tool for the job
- Measure & monitor everything ensuring stability, redundancy, and runtime
- Make data-driven decisions - Measure twice, cut once
- Enjoy learning from your experiences and sharing your knowledge with your team
- Work on diverse problems across different systems
- Appreciate code and system maintainability, and support continuous improvement
Bonus points for experience with:
- The Python ecosystem
- Cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Git or other version control systems
- Relational and/or non-relational database systems, Pub/Sub, Messaging Systems
- Building and managing batch or streaming data processing pipelines, ETLs
Dialpad benefits and perks
Equity, balance, and belonging
At Dialpad, we strive to ensure that Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times, and a big part of this is because of our collaborative culture that elevates our teammates, celebrates wins, and brings together passion and talent.
Compensation and equity
Teamwork makes the dream work, and Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each and every Dialer participates in our success.
Benefits, time-off, and wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer flexible time off and great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. Along with that, employees also receive a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone bill, home internet bill, home office equipment, gym membership costs, a variety of wellness events, and more!
Dialpad offers a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.