Senior Web Developer
Dialpad is the leading Ai-Powered Customer Intelligence Platform that is transforming how the world works together. Based on 4 billion minutes of analyzed voice and meetings data and growing, we have designed one, beautiful workspace that seamlessly combines the most advanced Ai Contact Center, Ai Sales, Ai Voice, and Ai Meetings with Ai Messaging. More than 30,000 innovative brands and millions of people use Dialpad to unlock productivity, collaboration, and customer satisfaction with real-time Ai insights. With initial funding and leadership from Google and leading venture capitalists such as ICONIQ and Andreessen Horowitz, Dialpad has over $200M in ARR and is one of the fastest growing Ai companies in the world.
About the team
Dialpad’s Web Engineering team will focus on our highly visible and impactful marketing website.
This team works closely with our designers, content creators, SEO and conversion optimization teams to build out our global web presence. You’ll have a hand in building out a world class web experience for prospective customers to learn about our company and start their experience as a Dialpad customer.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will play a critical part in defining and building out a fast, performant and conversion focused marketing website, while working closely with a team of designers, project managers and other engineers.
What you’ll do [i,e., Responsibilities]
- You will help design and develop the next generation of features for the Dialpad website.
- Own projects, bring prototypes, content and designs to life with well crafted and well tested web pages.
- Build cohesive layouts using atomic design based component structures.
- Be directly responsible for one or more functional areas of the website, which could include SEO & performance, security, internationalization, or architecture
- Regularly taking on tasks ranging from front end visual enhancements, bug fixes, building out new pages and components, to performance and infrastructure improvements
- Review other team members' work; visually reviewing pages to make sure they align with the design to pixel perfection and doing code reviews to ensure well written code
- Estimate timelines, develop plans and make recommendations on new projects
- Maintaining our web properties including performing regular maintenance, applying updates and fixes
- Deliver exceptional customer service by resolving urgent requests and responding to requests for help
- Partner with our internal design, content, SEO and conversion optimization teams to create an amazing website experience that is visually stunning, SEO performant and geared towards self service signup and lead generation
Skills you’ll bring [i,e., Qualifications]
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a FE web developer
- Experience with frameworks such as Next.js, Gatsby or similar
- Experience working with headless content management systems (i.e. Contentful, Sanity, etc.) and/or headful CMS’s (WordPress, Drupal, Craft CMS, etc.)
- Experience defining and creating content models to build well structured content
- Solid familiarity with modern front-end bundlers, package managers and build tools including Webpack, npm and yarn
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of cloud hosting technologies such GCP or AWS is nice to have
- Past experience with Python, PHP or similar high level server side languages is desirable
- Experience with CloudFlare integration and management is nice to have
- Past experience working with and mentoring junior developers
We’ve been named a Top Workplace seven times because we truly live and breathe our culture. In alignment with one of our core values, “Skill & Will,” we strive to bring on only the most passionate and talented people to our team. Collectively, Dialers work together to solve problems that help the everyday worker. We foster a collaborative environment where people are elevated, wins are celebrated, and development is encouraged.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. Recognizing that our talented and committed team members drive our success, Dialpad offers competitive salaries in addition to stock options because each Dialer participates in our success.
Healthcare and Wellness
An apple a day keeps the doctor away—and it doesn’t hurt that we offer great options for medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees. In addition, we offer resources for you through our Employee Assistance Program. We even offer a monthly stipend to help cover your gym membership costs and offer a variety of wellness events to attend. Who wants to join a fitness class, a zen session, or a cooking class? That and more are available to all Dialpad employees!
Equity, Balance, and Belonging
At Dialpad, we value the humanity that makes each of us unique. We strive to ensure everyone is supported equitably, and Dialers are free to bring their full selves to work each day, and celebrate others doing the same. We champion the intersectionality that exists between gender identity, ethnicity, age, disability status, and the many other aspects of our greater humanity.
Flexible Work Accommodations
These days, it’s business as unusual. That’s why we offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone and home internet. We also cover costs for home office equipment and encourage employees to take advantage of our generous time off and vacation policy.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dialpad we are dedicated to building an inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Dialpad is an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.