Product Marketing Manager
Descript is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team and make a substantial impact on our marketing initiatives. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to shape key marketing strategies and connect with a diverse range of users. Your work will be instrumental in driving our growth and defining our market presence.
What You'll Do:
- Plan, define, and lead go-to-market strategies for specific verticals (e.g. Podcasting, Video Content), from user acquisition to retention.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to align marketing and product strategies.
- Oversee the production, launch, and management of marketing campaigns that align with the specific needs of a vertical.
- Conduct market analysis to stay informed about industry trends, competitor moves, and customer preferences.
- Gather and analyze feedback from customers to inform the product roadmap and enhance marketing strategies.
- Regularly report on campaign results, market changes, and analytics.
- 4+ years of proven experience in product marketing, category marketing, or marketing in a media company.
- Recent experience as a content creator or supporting content creation communities or marketing segments.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail.
- Analytical and data-informed decision-maker.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across teams.
- Exceptional written skills.
- Experience with marketing horizontal, multi-use products.
- Previous experience at a B2C/B2B SaaS company.
- Experience with tools such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Webflow, Braze, and for in-product messaging.
- Knowledge of the media creation process.
- Familiarity with creator-oriented tools in video, audio, and design.
If you're eager to make a significant impact in a fast-paced, innovative environment, we'd love to hear from you. At Descript, your contributions will not only be valued but will also help revolutionize the way people create content. Apply now to become a part of our exciting journey!
The base salary range for this role is $123,000-$175,000. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and location, and they may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 125 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.