Customer Support Representative
As a member of the Customer Support team at Descript, you create phenomenal support experiences for multimedia content creators and influencers around the world. You'll work directly with Descript customers to help them get started, answer product questions, and track user feedback. Serving as a member of our small but growing team requires a dynamic skillset and we’re looking for someone who wants to share their passion for technology with a diverse and committed fanbase of customers.
- Deliver personalized and proactive support to end-users and enterprise clients over various communication channels (email, live chat, video conferencing).
- Capture and record accurate and detailed client information using CRM tools.
- Troubleshoot and escalate technical support incidents to next level support and engineering teams.
- Provide regular updates to customers on the status of their requests.
- Helping verify and maintain internal support articles.
- Hiring for multiple time zones, with an ideal schedule being 9a-6p ET.
- 1-2+ years of recent experience providing multi-channel customer support on a rapidly evolving software product.
- Hands-on experience using multimedia editing software (Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Premiere, Audition, Pro Tools, or similar).
- Familiarity with Zendesk or comparable CRM platforms.
- Familiarity with Stripe or other payment processing systems.
- Must have an appropriate remote work environment (including stable, high-speed broadband internet connection) with the ability to initiate and receive screen share meetings with team members and customers.
- You believe that every support interaction is an opportunity to brighten a customer's day.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to communicate technical information simply and effectively to customers of every skill level.
- You are able to read between the lines and ask clarifying questions.
- You are a dedicated champion of the needs of your customers.
- You are a highly motivated, self-directing individual who is always looking to improve yourself and your environment.
- You thrive in collaborative environments, and are empowered to work cross-functionally to achieve a goal.
The base salary range for this role is. $62,000 - $95,000. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, location, and may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 125 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world's greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that's in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we're interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.