Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
As machine learning systems begin to transition from the research phase to the production phase, it’s becoming clear that they have unique QA and testing related challenges.
Deepchecks offers a customizable, plug & play, algorithm-based solution, for testing and monitoring machine learning systems.
Deepchecks is a VC-backed startup tackling the huge problem of controlling Machine Learning systems.
AI systems are being adopted by more and more organizations and are taking an increasingly important role in their business. Although many resources are allocated to creating and optimizing the machine learning models, they still lack “common sense” and make various mistakes that may go undetected for long periods of time. We focus on detecting, preventing, and fixing these “AI glitches”, using mathematical concepts and algorithmic research. Our product monitors these systems in production, identifies a wide range of potential problems, and offers different types of alerts and explanations (depending on the type and the severity of the issue).
The startup was founded by two Talpiot graduates / Data Scientists and a leading professor in this field. Following a few months of R&D and initial customer traction, the time has come to expand our extremely talented (and fun!) team. Our offices are in Tel-Aviv, although we’ve recently been working from home most of the time.
Senior Software Engineer (Tel Aviv)
We’re looking for a top-notch engineer, with plenty of hands-on software engineering experience, along with an algorithmic mind. You will be a core part of our R&D team, which is composed of experienced (and extremely talented) Software Engineers and Data Scientists.
In this role, you will work on enabling ongoing connections with customers’ data, accessing and analyzing TBs of data on a daily basis, and efficiently implementing complex algorithms that run on an ongoing basis. This role will provide you with unique and unparalleled experience with machine learning in production since you’ll be working intimately with the ML pipelines of numerous different companies across various verticals.
We’ll be going through a lot together, so we’ll want your character and mindset to be a good fit for a fast-moving startup.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Python – Must
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Python, Go, Java, Node.js, or other modern programming languages
- Proficiency with SQL (RDBMS) and Python ORM like SQLAlchemy
- Experience with git, docker, Kubernetes, and other CI CD concepts
- Experience in implementing data stream pipelines and architectures.
- Past experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, Celery
- Experience with distributed architecture, microservices, message queues, REST API
- Basic knowledge of ML concepts and common libraries such as scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, tensorflow, etc.
- Hands-on experience with common big data frameworks such as Kafka Spark Flink