Facilities Specialist (Onsite)
REQ #: GAQ324R34
The Real Estate & Workplace Office Manager will lead Databricks' Costa Rica’s Operations, with full responsibilities for the office. You will help develop strategies and implement tactical solutions to support Databricks' exponential growth across the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow our support team and manage important 3rd party relationships that will be the backbone of our growth. This region has over 100 employees with plans to grow. You may be required to travel to other office locations.
- Deliver the best in class customer service
- Plan support for internal events/training/hackdays as well as company happy hours
- Oversee front-of-house activities such as visitor and security management, food and beverage programs, mailroom and deliveries, and office supply management
- Guide all facilities and workplace operations to achieve an exceptional environment that manifests and deepens company culture in our workplaces
- Ensure a coverage model that supports day-to-day facilities requests are completed - work as a part of the REW team to follow standards and critical measures to ensure a consistent level of support
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders (EAs, team leaders) and partner teams (HR, IT, Finance, and property management) as well as external vendor services to ensure the highest quality solutions
- Work on special projects as a part of the global REW team
- Stay current with all applicable local Free Trade Zone regulations and ability to maintain reporting documentation in compliance; including customs agents and, brokers for import and export logistics
- Help develop, improve and document consistent operational processes such as: Oversee regular office maintenance programs- safety protocols and emergency response, asset management, janitorial, patch & paint and safety equipment etc
- In-depth knowledge of Costa Rica Free Trade Zone regulations and compliance
- At least one year Facilities management experience with responsibility for operations and service delivery
- Good communication skills and the ability to draft office communications
- Proven organizational skills, managing multiple work streams and projects
- Customer focussed attitude - ensuring consistently high-quality resolutions
- Financial and budget experience, including sourcing/procuring goods or services and following procurement best practices
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish (Portuguese a plus)
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.