Sr. Staff Learning Architect
While candidates in the listed location(s) are encouraged for this role, candidates in other locations will be considered.
As a Staff/Sr. Staff Learning Architect at Databricks, you will apply your experience and expertise in technical enablement to architect Databricks learning offerings, including the ownership of the curriculum and certification roadmap, the design and scoping of learning pathways, the incorporation of key stakeholder needs and feedback, and the establishment of a new training revenue model.
You’ll work closely with global internal, partner, customer, and university stakeholders, marketing and curriculum and certification content development teams to deliver an industry-leading Data + AI learning program to the entire Data + AI industry.
The impact you will have:
- Manage, prioritize, and communicate the training roadmap to meet stakeholder learning needs
- Determine the scope of and design learning pathways by performing regular job-task analysis workshops for new/core learning pathways to meet stakeholder needs
- Determine and communicate high-level requirements for curriculum and certification materials to Curriculum Development and Certification Development teams
- Establish best practices for the scoping of new product introduction training material
- Assist in the design and implementation of new training content revenue and usage models
- Consolidate and centrally use Databricks curriculum and certification feedback to improve all processes and decision making
- Support learning audiences by enabling support teams to answer Databricks enablement questions
What we look for:
- Strong understanding of Databricks enablement audiences (internal, customers, partners, university)
- Strong understanding of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform and its services and capabilities
- Exceptional analytical skills and data-driven decision making
- Strong program management, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing and organizing a technical enablement program
- Experience facilitating and consolidating stakeholder to prioritize technical learning needs
- Within the first month:
- Establish agreed-upon processes and best practices for working with training content development teams (Curriculum Development and Certification Development) for content scoping, creation and content feedback intake
- Establish and work within Product Marketing release schedules and levels for training-related materials
- Establish formal update cadence for core learning pathways with input from content development managers and Product Marketing
- Create and communicate a training request process to intake training material requests from anywhere within Databricks
- Evaluate current inventory of training content to determine what needs to be removed
- Within the first three months:
- Establish agreed upon processes and best practices for working with key stakeholders, including Product and audience-specific Enablement organizations
- Establish objective prioritization standards for training material requests and regular update cadence of core content
- Within the first six months:
- Manage, own, and communicate the training (curriculum, certification, and labs/infrastructure) roadmap
- Design and develop a new revenue model for curriculum and training content usage
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.