Developer Advocate, Delta Lake
While candidates in the listed locations are encouraged for this role, we are open to remote candidates in other locations.
Databricks has built a powerful collection of open source software and commercial services to help make data teams around the world more successful solving tough problems. Our ability to execute on this mission depends on data engineers, data analysts, data scientists and machine learning practitioners all having a great experience in a scalable way.
As a Developer Experience Advocate, you'll be focused on ensuring a great self-serve experience, where practitioners rave about how easy it is to accomplish their goals in learning and using Databricks and the relevant open source technologies. You'll do this by creating tutorials, videos, sample notebooks, courseware, websites, blog posts and more. You'll also help practitioners in our new online communities and learn from them how to improve the experience with our products. You’ll help grow our social and YouTube strategy, targeted at data practitioners and creating engaging content strategies. You'll collaborate with our product and engineering teams [especially the self-serve Growth team] to share these learnings and influence the direction of our products. You'll also work closely with other teams (such as training, customer success, support, docs, etc) to ensure a well-integrated practitioner experience, regardless of internal structure.
This position will report to the Head of Developer Relations and work with other Developer Advocates and program managers. The Developer Relations team is passionate about data, empathetic to the needs of developers, and strong believers in using our diverse set of skills to explain our products and use feedback from the community to improve the developer experience.
The impact you will have:
- Make data practitioners happy and successful so that they rave about their developer experience [DevEx]
- Drive data practitioners to achieve their goals faster and more efficiently -- from their first minute/hour/day of using our products and open source technologies. This requires an inquisitive and experimental mindset to find the most impactful improvements.
- Help build a thriving data practitioner community
- Represent the needs/desires of the practitioner communities to ensure they're heard by the Growth team and other teams within Databricks.
- Help scale product awareness by growing and building our social and Youtube channels.
- Drive adoption of new products and features by building high-quality educational content: videos, sample notebooks and datasets, tutorials, courseware, websites, blog posts and more.
- Support data scientists, data engineers and data analysts in online communities such as Slack, StackOverflow and our new community.databricks.com.
What we look for:
- You are a software developer with subject matter knowledge in data engineering [preferred], data analytics and/or data science.
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about [blogs, books], teaching [online courseware, online videos, conferences, classrooms], or speaking [conferences, meetups] about complex technical topics.
- You have empathy and understanding of developer personas and are able to apply that towards the design and development of good experiences in tutorials, notebooks, communities and more.
- You have experience building and growing successful YouTube and social channels.
- You have launched a developer product and grown a thriving community. Alternatively, you have solid intuition, passion and empathy for technical communities which leads us to believe that you'll excel in doing this at Databricks!
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Planning
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Annual Career Development Fund
- Home Office/Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental Wellness Resources
Pay Range Transparency
Databricks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range(s) for this role is listed below and represents base salary range for non-commissionable roles or on-target earnings for commissionable roles. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, depth of experience, relevant certifications and training, and specific work location. Based on the factors above, Databricks utilizes the full width of the range. The total compensation package for this position may also include eligibility for annual performance bonus, equity, and the benefits listed above. For more information regarding which range your location is in visit our page here.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.