VP, Enterprise- Healthcare and Life Sciences
About the Team
The Healthcare and Life Sciences sales team is responsible for aggressively growing top-line revenues and driving new business through the implementation of scalable, repeatable, structured systems/processes and embracing the operational challenges of leading a high-growth business at a significant scale through its next stage of growth.
Databricks is seeking a seasoned and transformational Vice President, Healthcare and Life Sciences to serve as a key member of our regulated industries leadership team who will continue to scale our world-class sales organization to drive rapid growth within the HLS vertical, which is critical to our continued success. Achieving Databricks mission and vision requires working together to create a culture that supports their hunger to be the best. To be effective in this role, the successful leader will be responsible for driving the below:
Understand the direction Databricks is going and the criticality of their respective functions, organizations and teams to achieve that outcome. Can translate that vision into a purposeful mission for their team. Constructs actionable plans for the team to execute and carry out its mission. Communicates and unifies the team behind its mission and plan
Create a framework for the entire team to follow and clearly communicate the direction they are going in alignment with the company’s overall strategy by igniting the passion and motivation inside other people and leading them to do extraordinary things.
Consistently deliver great results at a rapid (but sustainable) pace. Along with setting an inspiring and clear vision and defining their strategy; effective execution is critical to the success of the team and company. To execute well, a leader at Databricks needs to be able to deliver extraordinary outcomes.
Talent magnet who can build and lead teams to achieve significantly more as a collective unit than they could achieve individually. We can overcome our biggest obstacles if we have a team that shares a common goal and works together to achieve it. A team that works together excels and they have a strong sense of purpose, know their roles, and understand precisely how to operate efficiently together.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and hire top talent within our HLS vertical. Execute revenue goals, and develop leaders within each region, while implementing a strong sales methodology and working complex strategic sales cycles.
- Deliver regular and accurate forecasts and ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual targets are achieved.
- Drive executive relationships at the CxO level, and successfully support large complex sales cycles in the HLS space.
- Create and drive strategic go-to-market plans to meet company growth and market share goals. Position the company to continue to successfully compete with the largest players in the HLS industry.
- Engage and develop senior CxO clients/prospects within the HLS space to establish, drive, and grow strategic relationships.
- Act as a strategic thought leader and advisor to the SVP, Regulated Industries, and broader Executive Team. Work closely with other executives across the organization to establish and develop a strong and collaborative partnership to ensure success.
- Maintain strong reporting and accountability against numbers, driving to exceed quotas, while developing and managing motivating incentive tools.
- Be an exceptional leader and change agent. This executive will collaborate across the organization and help bring disparate teams together into a more cohesive unit.
Team First Culture
- Focuses on what’s best for the company long term. Ability to easily work across functions as ‘one team’ that is in it together and aligned on key goals for the company. Determines true ways to grow revenue and build capacity for future growth with a crucial long-term perspective in mind.
Healthcare and Life Sciences Space
- Comprehensive understanding of the HLS space including issues, market trends, and sales cycles. Will also understand how leveraging data and AI technology can be utilized to solve complex healthcare business challenges.
- Experience implementing complex strategy and operational improvements. Takes a data-driven and efficiency-oriented approach to sales operations. Measurable success in improving sales enablement, hiring practices, productivity, sales strategy, and program function.
Enterprise Software - Sales Leadership
- Demonstrated success in leading software sales organizations and working across highly complex, truly global businesses. Has managed as a 3rd line leader, in high-performing sales organizations
- Experience within a cloud-native, disruptive software business with proven leadership of a modern, recurring revenue go-to-market motion.
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.