Lead Migrations Solutions Architect
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world's toughest problems. Our customers leverage the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to power their mission critical Data and AI applications to improve how their organisations leverage data and insights to make better decisions, faster. Customers rely on Databricks for the full range of data workloads, including data engineering, ETL, near real-time streaming, machine learning, SQL analytics, and advanced analytics.
As a Lead/Sr Migration Specialist Solution Architect you will be a deep technical expert in Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) and in how customers can be successful with these use-cases on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform. You will work closely with customers, Databricks product team and the Global Databricks customer-facing technical field to develop architectures and solutions using our platform and APIs. You will bring your expertise in EDW to build scalable and reusable assets to help guide customers through the competitive landscape, best practices, and implementation; and develop technical champions along the way. You will provide thought leadership on best practices for migration of EDW workloads to the lakehouse. You will support enablement activities for the EMEA technical field and drive the EMEA chapter of the relevant SME group(s). You will drive customer success through direct engagement and scale your expertise across EMEA.
You will report directly to the Sr. Director Product Specialists Databricks Field Engineering and can be located in either London, Paris or Munich. Databricks Field Engineering works with our current and future customers to grow adoption, win technical validations and advise customers on Databricks Lakehouse best practices. The Lead/Sr Migration Specialist Solution Architect will own the enablement and escalations within the Global Field Engineering team around EDW migrations.
The impact you will have:
- Deliver thought leadership and best-practices in Data Warehousing and in particular in migrating data warehousing workloads from legacy tools to the Databricks Lakehouse Platform, ranging from architectural and security design to development and deployment approaches.
- Provide guidance and oversight for large-scale enterprise data warehouse migrations, serving as a trusted technical advisor to senior tech leads and executives
- Become a technical expert in areas such as cloud platforms, data management, performance, and architecture
- Assist Solution Architects with more advanced aspects of the technical sale including custom proof of concept content, workload sizing, and custom architectures
- Improve community adoption (through tutorials, training, hackathons, conference presentations)
What we look for:
- Experience in designing and delivering Enterprise Data Warehousing Solutions in a client or customer environment
- Ability to advise customers in Data Warehousing architecture: Prepare Databricks stakeholders for internal conversations and communicate directly, including anticipating blockers and address them before they become an issue
- Certification and/or demonstrated competence in the major cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrated competence in the Databricks platform including hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Experience in pre-sales selling
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Private medical insurance
- Private dental insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Life, income protection & critical illness insurance
- Pension PlanEquity awards
- Enhanced Parental Leaves
- Fitness reimbursement
- Annual career development fund
- Home office & work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
- Employee referral bonus
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.